Join Group https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/learning-materials-development-wg
Introduction to Learning Materials Working Group
The Learning Materials Development working group reports to the Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee. It is focused on developing open source training material (licensed as specified by the Hyperledger Charter) to educate people interested in expanding their knowledge of Hyperledger and its projects. The working group will consult with other Hyperledger working groups, Hyperledger team members, and the project maintainers to identify training needs and develop strategies, as well as, material to address those needs. The output of this working group will be targeted towards both technical and non-technical audiences.
Antitrust Policy Antitrust Policy Notice
Linux Foundation meetings involve participation by industry competitors, and it is the intention of the Linux Foundation to conduct all of its activities in accordance with applicable antitrust and competition laws. It is therefore extremely important that attendees adhere to meeting agendas, and be aware of, and not participate in, any activities that are prohibited under applicable US state, federal or foreign antitrust and competition laws. Examples of types of actions that are prohibited at Linux Foundation meetings and in connection with Linux Foundation activities are described in the Linux Foundation Antitrust Policy available at http://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy. If you have questions about these matters, please contact your company counsel, or if you are a member of the Linux Foundation, feel free to contact Andrew Updegrove of the firm of Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the Linux Foundation.
Introductions from people on the call:
II. Reorganization of the Working Groups:
Setting up a Task Force WGTF_Proposal 5
III. EdX Update / Discussion
- EdX Updates:
- Opportunity to review Hyperledger Fabric Developer Exam
- Edx folks are storing Hyperledger course ware in different repo (BTA) that LMDWG does not have access
- Blockchain for Business : On-line, very popular course.
Technical course is being edited by BLOCKCHAIN TRAINING ALLIANCE so no need for us to evaluate. Still waiting for 2.0 to develop a Fabric Tech guide. Steve remarked more course will be rolled out Q1 2020
- No updates on Technical course.
- GitHub Repository -
- Nathalie's Report. https://github.com/hyperledger/education
- Ravi's Contribution Basic Fabric Functions https://github.com/ravinayag/fabric-samples-explained/blob/master/README.md
- We have a repository that we can build out using existing materials from projects. Nathalie reported on her investigation. She had email maintainers Hyperledger Education Team and TSC members to get updates.
- SUGGESTIONS: Archive old LMD Repository to automatically close out outstanding issue (years old) Set up new repo. for LMD with clear Rules and governance established prior to members supplying work. Define Governance, submission guidelines, Ownership, Maintainer, Project lead to encourage people to stay with projects. Ravi has started a repo for the LMD working group dealing with organizing information for Scripts. To use to repo to examine what the scripts you need to run are for, how they work and why. We will discuss next time how his work will fit into new Repository, Nathalie will email Traci to get the ball rolling.
IV. Wiki / Pages (Updates and Additions)
- Home Page : Membership Information / Up to date Info
- Task Member Sign-Up: Discussion of Open Projects add project
- Best Practices Page: Updated pages : Requirements for CII (Core Infrastructure Initiative) in out line form, ready to be update to reflect current project issues and needs. Develop a standard for projects to follow for their life cycles.
- Resources Page: Updated to reflect project documentation
- USE Case
- Surveys : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vxxDeKznnhmgYCPCSn8CZFfT53NXb6mmzbHK-azMWKM/edit#responses
- Key Terms
- New Member Sign -up
- Meet-up Project :
V Old Business
Report to TSC Q4: report success. Given to TSC - on time and with a representative was available for TSC questions.
VI. New Business
Creating a Task Force
- Setting up a Task force to work on Best Practice Badge requirements, based on current CII
- Organize the TSC documentation Library: record decisions by week that are made during TSC calls. Maintain a Documentation Library for TSC governing documentation APPROVED VERSIONS ONLY.
- Archive old and Create new LMD GIthub Repo and establish governance model