Use this guide when setting up a space for a new special interest group.
- Enter Admin mode by clicking the gear in the upper right corner and selecting "General configuration".
- Log in using your credentials to enter Admin mode.
- Select the "Spaces" drop down from the top menu and select "Create space".
- Select "Blank space" from the dialog that pops up.
- Click "Next" to get to the space info page.
- Fill in the space name and space key and then click "Create" to create the space.
- Select the "Spaces" drop down from the top menu and select "Space directory".
- Find the space you just created and click on the "info" link on the right. It is an icon that looks like: ⓘ This will take you to the space permissions page.
- Click "edit" next to the "Categories" field and then add "special-interest-group" to signify that the space is a special interest group space.
- Go here: Set Space Permissions for Anon to read only and follow the instructions.
- Go to the home page of the Space and follow the instructions there.