Join Group https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/learning-materials-development-wg
Introduction to Learning Materials Working Group
The Learning Materials Development working group is focused on developing open source training material (licensed as specified by the Hyperledger Charter) to educate people interested in expanding their knowledge of Hyperledger and its projects. The working group will consult with other Hyperledger working groups, team members, and the project maintainers to identify training needs and develop strategies, as well as, material to address those needs.
Antitrust Policy Antitrust Policy Notice
Linux Foundation meetings involve participation by industry competitors, and it is the intention of the Linux Foundation to conduct all of its activities in accordance with applicable antitrust and competition laws. It is therefore extremely important that attendees adhere to meeting agendas, and be aware of, and not participate in, any activities that are prohibited under applicable US state, federal or foreign antitrust and competition laws. Examples of types of actions that are prohibited at Linux Foundation meetings and in connection with Linux Foundation activities are described in the Linux Foundation Antitrust Policy available at http://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy. If you have questions about these matters, please contact your company counsel, or if you are a member of the Linux Foundation, feel free to contact Andrew Updegrove of the firm of Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the Linux Foundation.
Introductions from people on the call:
Bobbi (Chair WG),
II. EdX Update / Discussion:
- 1. Blockchain for Business EdX Updates Technical . Sawtooth will have Tech Application course this fall. Indy, Aries and Ursa will have a course Oct - Nov on Edx.
- Technical Course: each Project will have its own mini course. easier to maintain, Timeline for project courses.
- Rocket Chat[SCurran" . I'm also co-authoring two courses right now on SSI, Indy, Ursa and Aries that will be launching on edX soon.]
- 2. GitHub issues: Need maintainer https://github.com/hyperledger/education: old version of Edx course , no maintainers . Flavia suggests starting fresh with new material. Link to new Git hub hub, Ravi has a report
III. Wiki / Pages (Updates and Additions)
- Task Member Sign-Up
- USE Case Template:
Thank you Wendy for suggested reading, "Frontiers in Blockchain" for Standards and evidence presented in use case in the healthcare field. Evidence and Proof. Outcomes in use cases need to prove their value. Gordon commented with a caution about Data, What metrics are we basing findings , Saptarshi, Quantify ROI with the evidence in case studies.
Learning Materials development community survey: poll community for interest, new leadership and membership involvement:
Hyperledger Community: three surveys, Working Groups, Special Interest Groups and Projects need to be developed to determine
- LMWG Management
- Quarterly Report Due tomorrow, Presented Thursday
- Key Terms: Glossary format set up, Created a Table for compiling definitions. Once completed, form a sub group to discuss ll be discussed by a sub group when completed.Started updating glossary
- Resources Page: Library off all community documentation.
- Best Practices Page
- New Member Sign -up
- Meet-up Project
- Graphic Standards: Wendy need the graphic sets from out wiki page, wondered if her group need to run the SIG work product thru TSC, I said no because they do not report to TSC. Wendy asked about Word doc, Hyperledger prefers Google Doc or The wiki page for editing.
Jim Mason : fabric update. -
Working from an Android Phone on Hyperledger
Most developers work on Hyperledger running servers on a Linux OS such as Ubuntu.
I looked at options to work from my Android phone on Hyperledger development.
Option 1 - Use VNC client for Android and connect to an Ubuntu server
or the free option
The server can be a local system, in your network or in the cloud
- Simple to install and configure to any VNC server
- Works without changing your phone configuration, data or encryption
- You need a VNC Connect account at RealVNC or use the optional VNC viewer above
- You need an Internet connection to access your remote server
Option 2 - Install Ubuntu server on your Android phone
Technorm notes to install Ubuntu server on Android phone
or the free deployment tool option below
Maketecheasy article to install Ubuntu on Android with Linux Deploy
Install Ubuntu server on your Android device
- No cost - just suggested donation
- Full Ubuntu server runs anything on your phone ( including Hyperledger Fabric in theory )
- Many - root the phone
- Complex install and support
- May require phone factory reset deleting apps, data and encryption
- Requires VNC server and client running to access Ubuntu desktop
- Requires high-end Android phone on new version of Android ( at least 8 GB memory )
- The Linux installer may be billable depending on which installer you choose
- No guarantees on the stability of Linux on Android
In my case, I run Ubuntu in Oracle VirtualBox on a Windows 10 PC fine.
I allocate 6 GB memory to Ubuntu and that is more than enough to run Hyperledger Fabric in a developer environment
V. Old Business:
VI. New Business
VIII Close Next meeting September 23, 2019,