Overview of Proposal
Prior to bringing a project to the TSC for a vote on granting a First Major Release a project must fulfill the following criteria:
- Project has reached active status (the processes and community are mature)
- The release features substantially fulfill the project's charter
- The release satisfies criteria defined by the project itself. All projects should meet some internally defined non-functional release criteria (bug counts, performance, etc.)
- Test coverage (unit and functional/integration) is sufficient to have confidence that the release supports the non-functional criteria
- Maintainers have reviewed all remaining open bugs and agree on severity/priority
- Zero high or highest priority bugs remain open
- The preceding release candidate has been published for a minimum period of time of 2 weeks
- The release should not require users/operators to compile code to operate the base project on supported platforms
- The documentation is sufficient to ensure that users/operators have clear guidance on how to get started and how to configure and operate.
- The project has met all technical criteria for the release.
- The project has met all the criteria for CII Best Practices Badge Best Practices Badge,
- A security audit provided by Hyperledger was completed
- no bugs that affect security of the system remain open unless they have mitigating workarounds published in release notes
- crypto code included in the release has been audited for crypto export compliance
- A license scan was completed and all issues were resolved, including receiving an exception from the legal committee.
- Changelog of all commits is generated and published.
- Release notes generated and published.
- Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date