Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

I. Welcome 
      Join Group     
https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/learning-materials-development-wg

Introduction to Learning Materials Working Group:  

The Learning Materials Development working group reports to the Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee. It is focused on developing open source training material (licensed as specified by the Hyperledger Charter) to educate people interested in expanding their knowledge of Hyperledger and its projects. The working group will consult with other Hyperledger working groups, Hyperledger team members, and the project maintainers to identify training needs and develop strategies, as well as, material to address those needs. The output of this working group will be targeted towards both technical and non-technical audiences.


         Antitrust Policy Antitrust Policy Notice

Linux Foundation meetings involve participation by industry competitors, and it is the intention of the Linux Foundation to conduct all of its activities in accordance with applicable antitrust and competition laws. It is therefore extremely important that attendees adhere to meeting agendas, and be aware of, and not participate in, any activities that are prohibited under applicable US state, federal or foreign antitrust and competition laws. Examples of types of actions that are prohibited at Linux Foundation meetings and in connection with Linux Foundation activities are described in the Linux Foundation Antitrust Policy available at http://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy. If you have questions about these matters, please contact your company counsel, or if you are a member of the Linux Foundation, feel free to contact Andrew Updegrove of the firm of Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the Linux Foundation.

Introductions from people on the call: 

John Carpenter, Nathalie, Felix, Nancy Min, Jim Mason, Rave, Kathile 

II. Global Forum

***Arizona State Hackathon Monday 3/2 https://uto.asu.edu/events/trusted-learner-network-unconference

III. EdX Update / Discussion

  • EdX Updates
    • Flavia & Jim's  conversation about the Certified Administrators course Version 2.0 of Fabric is due this week 
    •  EDX needs to support 2 courses but only has material for 1.4. 1.4 will only be supported for 9 month.  Functional Gaps will arises for 1.4 long term support. There is a 1.4.5 branch coming out simultaneously soon. Version 2.0 is radically different and training materials need to reflect this. Certified Administrator course ware will be tested in May.   Edx TRAINING  courses are based on public domains and Competencies CERTIFICATION require in depth coursework which changes  change dramatically per version. Flavia will reach out to her certification team and determining timeline of support.
    • Tech. Course Developer Certification Exam and course are in ALPHA due end of Q1.  ( not sure of status Jim suggested work was discontinued.) 
    • NEW COURSE TOMORROW Blockchain usage and implications. (already 2000 enrollment) RESULT Edx will offer two Professional courses: 1) Blockchain for Business 2) Blockchain usage and implications.  By March will add  LFS172 and LFS173 will target developers. 
    • March 4th Steve Curran's course Aries Developer course
  • GitHub Repository   New https://github.com/hyperledger/learning-materials-dev

    • Nathalie's Report - Thanks to Nathalie's hard work in developing the Git hub Governance and operational policies., please make comments ,if not we will use it as a guide to add group material. 
      • Big Question, How does documentation created by group get on hyperledger.org  What are the communities documentation needs. Marketing call 2/11

IV. Structure of Working Groups: Latest TSC decisions  


Working Group Task Force 

  • TSC decided working groups do not need quarterly reports , only if a task force has a deliverable."Working Groups that are purely discussion groups do not need to submit quarterly reports unless they have a deliverable(s) or Task Force(s)."
  • Working Group are not required to submit quarterly reports or produce any work product. All work done thru task forces. Silona's working on "create a task force" standards .


  • Setting up a Task force to work on Best Practice Badge requirements, based on current CII Best Practices Page Best Practices for WG SIG (need buy in from community .
  • Set up task force for Use case index-able Library
  • Set up task force for community Glossary ( Dept of Education)
  • Setting up a Task force to work organize TSC documentation Library :  TSC has own decision log, need to compare all decisions against coordinating documentation , UPDATE and CATALOG

V. Wiki / Pages (Updates and Additions) 

  • Resource Page :
    • USE Case  John and Jim are adding use cases, will continue, discussed online EXPO.
    • Webinar Standards: WEBINAR STANDARDS Grace, Community Presentation Kiosk/Schedule Group will start adding a template around webinars , standard slides, formatting. Redo Mkt slide presentation for IDARE approach 
    • Key Terms Jim will added addition terms for next week. Email from Kerri Lemole requesting assistance on Taxonomy document. Put in key terms.  https://wiki.hyperledger.org/display/EASIG  Per Email  US Department of Ed research on blockchain efforts in education. 
    • Task Member Sign-Up Updated

VI Old Business

  • Global Forum

 Groups assignment is to develop 3 points the LMDwG needs to get across in the video to call to action.  Suggestions for call for action a 

VII. New Business
COMMUNITY HAPPENINGS:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-CVCBTVTR7/

Greetings EASIG!

Really exciting news to share.  On Thursday, the US Department of Education and American Council on Education announced the Education Blockchain Initiative (EBI).  The EBI is designed to identity and evaluate ways that blockchain technology can improve the flow of data between educational institutions and employers, while empowering individuals to translate their abilities into economic opportunity.  

The initiative will start with a research paper and also include a competitive challenge in to fund pilot programs in partnership with the President's Forum.

https://www.acenet.edu/News-Room/Pages/ACE-Initiative-Will-Explore-the-Potential-for-Blockchain-to-Close-Equity-Gaps.aspx

Please reach out if you have any questions.  Would love for everyone to join this initiative.

sharon

Sharon Leu
Office of Educational Technology | US Department of Education
_._,_._,_

VIII. Close:

Next Meeting  February 24, 2020


  • No labels