The Learning Materials and Working Group goal is developing open source training material (licensed as specified by the Hyperledger Charter) to educate people interested in expanding their knowledge of Hyperledger and its projects. The working group will consult with other Hyperledger working groups, Hyperledger team members, and the project maintainers to identify training needs and develop strategies, as well as, material to address those needs. The output of this working group will be targeted towards both technical and non-technical audiences.
Working Group Health
The Learning Materials working group has maintained a core group who are dedicated to making it easy to create or find documentation that supports the community. THe Resource Library is currently expanding and is the main source for learning materials and documentation for projects. The Task Sign up / Team Members page serves as a dashboard for members to pick up some project work or sponsor a task. The newly formed USE CASE library is adding more cases in the Hyperledger community and will soon add an index. We continue to assist the Special Interest groups by supplying templates, for example, White Paper templates for Telecom and Public Sector, and Use case template for Healthcare. The LMDWG completed its survey
- Membership - Increasing membership is our focus, our calls typically have 5- 6 individuals. We have redesigned the Wiki home page to make on boarding easier. With guides to explain "Getting Linux login, Joining calls, setting up Wiki Pages and sponsoring a task we have created a user friendly environment for on boarding new members. We completed the group member survey.( LMDWG )in an attempt to generate interest and better understand membership demographics. Response was low.
- EdX Update - The LMDWG edited the LFS171X course,"Hyperledger - Blockchain for Business" was during the summer for the July release date. We did not get invited to edit "Introduction to Hyperledger Sovereign Identity Blockchain Solutions: Indy, Aries & Ursa". Also the next technical course is being Edited by Blockchain Training Alliance.
- Github Update : We are researching the EDUCATION repository on github. The current directory holds outdated information and it needs to be updated. We have a new resources on our team (Ravi and Nathalie) who are interested in this project but we need direction and a goal for the GITHUB repositories. Emails have started.
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
We hold our Bi-weekly meetings consistently with agendas, minutes and recordings posted to the Wiki page. No one has stepped up to Co-Chair and we will continue to look. With the discussion during the TSC calls in regarding the output from Working groups, the actual focus and guidance for group is vague.. This quarter we collect core documentation from the projects and stored in central resource library. We also collected and organized use cases. We created the templates for whitepaper and use cases and are working closely with the Special Interest Groups to supply the guidance needed for documentation development. The work for the Community Glossary began by creating a wiki page to store definition and we have started gather the common terms used. The LMDWG is active with the Hyperledger Meetups. We have set up a wiki page for the Meetups to share resources and encourage team efforts .
- Resource Library - the LMDWG has a goal to collect community documentation and create a Resource Library to house all community documentation. The Resources Library can serve as a portal for people interested in learning more about Hyperledger or for those involved in a project to easily find documentation. This will serve as a location for community members to access templates and graphics for developing projects as well as a place to store these final documentation projects. We have completed the white paper and USE CASE template.
Planned Work Products
- TSC Documentation Library - A single location community member can reference when determining the current TSC decisions
- Best Practice Badge for projects when moving through project life cycle., Projects need clarification as to what is expected from them .
- Resource Library - To continue to create a Resource for the community to easily access documentation and learning materials.
- Maintain the templates for the community.
- Create and share ideas for Meetups within the Hyperledger community.
We have a diverse Group both geographically with a even gender mix. We are actively seeking new leadership and members.
LMDWG appreciates the opportunity to learn with the community. Clarification is needed on the recent decisions made by the TSC for Working Groups. How are decision of the TSC Communicated?