Short personal bio
Peter Somogyvari is a Technology Architect within Accenture Products and Platforms with 10+ years of experience covering the entire software development lifecycle. Peter has been a maintainer of Hyperledger Cactus since 2019.
Short personal pitch
I'd like to nominate myself to the technical steering committee of Hyperledger where I believe I could be a good steward of the organization's technological future.
I'm a deeply technical, very hands-on kind of person who's one of the maintainers of Hyperledger Cactus and also has contributions to other Hyperledger projects such as Iroha and some related, but non-Hyperledger projects such as web3js-eea.
The development of the OSS community is something I take very seriously and have been spending considerable effort/time to grow and foster it through:
- Public pair programming calls that I run every single day of the work week
- Trying my best to foster an inclusive work environment
- Work with/try to support other Hyperledger projects not just the one that I am a maintainer of.
- Volunteered my time this summer to mentor or co-mentor 3 people.
- Trying to foster collaboration between Cactus and special interest groups, work groups within Hyperledger
- Volunteering to help the work of the HGF 2021 program committee.
- Spread the word at meetups, tech conferences, on social media, etc.