We have successfully issued our v1.0.0 release with API stability and are actively working towards passing a comprehensive security audit performed by a third-party company who specializes in the latter.
There is a renewed effort to continue supporting standardization efforts by developing the ODAP protocol implementation as one of the plugins. We continue to build the community with regular (daily) pair programming calls that are open to everyone.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos? Yes
- Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos? Yes
- Has your project implemented these inclusive language changes listed below to your repo? You can optionally use the DCI Lint tool to make this a recurring action on your repo. Yes, we use DCI-Lint as part of our CI
- master → main
- slave → replicas
- blacklist → denylist
- whitelist → allowlist
- Have you added an Inclusive Language Statement to your project's documentation and/or Wiki pages? Yes, we have a PR open for adding the statement to our main README.md file: https://github.com/hyperledger/cactus/pull/1970
Questions/Issues for the TSC
None at the moment.
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
- We were hard at work to make our Weaver merge/collaboration happen and also in extensive talks with the YUI maintainers about the same.
- We aim to bring as much Hyperledger interoperability work efforts together as possible to make the total output greater than the individual sums (code reuse enablement, shared testing infrastructure expertise, benchmarks, release management, etc.)
- The plan is to leverage our mono-repo project structure in order to make the above plans as painless/as low overhead as possible since we want to actively prevent bogging down everybody involved with administrative changes/refactorings/breaking changes required in the name of collaboration
- We continue to put effort into academic research (namely a research group within Hyperledger; several Hyperledger Summer Internships with a research component have been proposed and accepted).
- We plan to finish the security audit of the 1.0.0 release and issue patch releases as necessary based on the findings (1.0.1, 1.0.2 etc.)
As is required, you can find our current maintainer list here: https://github.com/hyperledger/cactus/blob/main/MAINTAINERS.md.
Our existing maintainers are:
- Jonathan Hamilton (Accenture)
- Jagpreet Singh Sasan (Accenture)–NEW LAST QUARTER
- Peter Somogyvari (Accenture)
- Izuru Sato (Fujitsu)
- Takuma Takeuchi (Fujitsu)
Note that we plan on adding maintainers of the Weaver project as Cactus maintainers in the near future as well.
Our contributor strength has increased in this quarter compared to the previous quarter, which is great news!
- Angelo De Caro
- Arnaud J Le Hors
- Artem Barger
- Arun S M
- Bobbi Muscara
- Danno Ferrin
- David Enyeart
- Grace Hartley
- Jim Zhang
- Kamlesh Nagware
- Nathan George
- Peter Somogyvari
- Tracy Kuhrt
- Troy Ronda