2019 Q2 Hyperledger Cello
Project health is largely the same as in previous update. The community is making changes to make Cello more of a production ready tool. Features and capabilities are now more based on common use cases and behaviors of the Blockchain applications. Weekly meetings often see 10+ participates and often run over the allocated 30 minutes due to discussions and questions. In some cases, very well run pass 1 hour mark.
There are no major issues at this time.
- v0.9.0: Support v1.1/v1.2 fabric in k8s agent, Add v1.3 capabilities to ansible agent.
- v1.0.0: Most of the changes to the project are towards this release. We like to be very cautious and prudent on this release and will not rush it out.
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
- Ansible agent continued with many features additions:
- Continue working on Interop artifacts generation, join request, orderering system endpoints and certificates integration
- Talk with Justitia proposal submmitter to bring the proposed functions/idea into cello and/or basically merge its work into Cello
- Added agent creation function on user dashboard
- Adding Fabric K8S operators with the Intership
- Continue improving user experience for user dashboard.
- Based new and future cello work on fabric 1.4.2 (community decision)
- Design the new architecture to support blockchain governing.
- Bug fixes and documentation improvement.
|Use new framework to unify all the user interface panels
Organize and manage fabric network dynamically
|Adopt the Interop working group channel expansion method
|Support fabric 1.4 and later version (if using ansible agent, this is done already)
Current there are 4 maintainers, and those active developers who contribute to cello continuously (3 month) will be nominated.
- Baohua Yang (Oracle)
- Haitao Yue (IBM)
- Tong Li (IBM)
- Jiahao Chen (VMware)
Contributions to the projects maintain the similar rate as Q1. Lot of discussions on bringing user management components from a third party which already has the function in their product.
- Arnaud Le Hors
- Baohua Yang
- Binh Nguyen
- Christopher Ferris
- Dan Middleton
- Hart Montgomery
- Kelly Olson
- Mark Wagner
- Mic Bowman
- Nathan George
- Silas Davis