The Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee election is coming up and we are currently seeking nominations of candidates. Please see the election page on the wiki for more information. The call for nominations closes on September 19th at 17:00 Pacific Time (GMT - 7).
Code & Projects
- v1.5.4 now available. Some improvements include:
- A new privacy JSON RPC API, priv_debugGetStateRoot
- Better re-org logging
- A new debug API, debug_batchSendRawTransaction to send multiple txns with a single call
- Full release notes here.
Hyperledger Lab: Solang
- v0.1.3 is now available.
- `import` directives are supported
- New `--importpath` command line argument to specify directories to search for imports
- Contracts can have base contracts
- Contracts can be abstract
- Interfaces are supported
- Libraries are supported
- The `using` library `for` type syntax is supported
- Solang now uses llvm 10.0 rather than llvm 8.0
- In line with Solidity 0.7.0, constructors no longer need a visibility argument
Hyperledger Aries Framework Go
- v0.1.4 is now available.
- Aries Agent Mobile: mobile bindings for all protocols
- DIF Presentation-Exchange (initial support)
- RFC0453 - Issue Credential V2
- RFC0454 - Present Proof V2
- Ability to forward action/state events through the WebSocket transport
didexchange.Client.CreateConnection(): ability to create a didcomm connection record without running the didexchange protocol
- Ability to associate saved credentials and presentations with
- TLS support for all inbound transports (wss, https)
- Middleware handlers for issue-credential and present-proof
- aries-js-worker: Safari error "Could not decode a text frame as UTF-8." in WebSocket Communication
- Breaking changes
- The Legacy KMS has been removed from the framework.
Noteworthy Pull Requests
Note that this section is intended to highlight particularly interesting pull requests that need more eyeballs and reviews.
Hyperledger Aries Framework Go
Articles, Training & Tutorials
- O'Reilly Book "Hands-On Smart Contract Development with Hyperledger Fabric V2" Now available.
- Becoming a Hyperledger Aries Developer Course - Develop blockchain-based production-ready identity applications with Hyperledger Aries.This course focuses on building applications on top of Hyperledger Aries components—the area where you, as a Self-Sovereign identity (SSI) application developer, can have the most impact. While you need a good understanding of Indy (and other ledger/verifiable credential technologies) and a basic idea of what Ursa (the underlying cryptography) is and does, Aries is where you need to dig deep. Learn more and sign up.
Upcoming Project Maintainer Calls
- Ursa Biweekly Meeting
- Fabric Contributor Meeting
- ACA-Pug Meetings
- Aries WG B Call
- Caliper Contributors Meeting
- Interledger Community Call
- Marketing Committee - Developer Relations sync
- Explorer Contributors Meeting
- Technical Steering Committee (TSC)
- Cactus Contributors Western Hemisphere
- Fabric Application Developer Community Call
- Fabric SDK Python Meeting