Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


 I. Welcome 
      Join Group 
https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/learning-materials-development-wg

Introduction to Learning Materials Working Group

The Learning Materials Development working group is focused on developing open source training material (licensed as specified by the Hyperledger Charter) to educate people interested in expanding their knowledge of Hyperledger and its projects. The working group will consult with other Hyperledger working groups, team members, and the project maintainers to identify training needs and develop strategies, as well as, material to address those needs.

         Antitrust Policy Antitrust Policy Notice

Linux Foundation meetings involve participation by industry competitors, and it is the intention of the Linux Foundation to conduct all of its activities in accordance with applicable antitrust and competition laws. It is therefore extremely important that attendees adhere to meeting agendas, and be aware of, and not participate in, any activities that are prohibited under applicable US state, federal or foreign antitrust and competition laws. Examples of types of actions that are prohibited at Linux Foundation meetings and in connection with Linux Foundation activities are described in the Linux Foundation Antitrust Policy available at http://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy. If you have questions about these matters, please contact your company counsel, or if you are a member of the Linux Foundation, feel free to contact Andrew Updegrove of the firm of Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the Linux Foundation.

Introductions from people on the call: 

Bobbi (Chair WG), Wendy (healthcare SIG,) , Jim Mason, Fabric, Gordon (Hyperledger), Flavia  (edX),Idowua, Kelly Cooper, Saptartshi 


II. EdX Update / Discussion:

  • 1. Blockchain for Business EdX Updates EDITS COMPLETED  (smile), 36,000 users, Great decision  to break course out for Business, Technical . Now we need to stat developing technical courses for the projects. Sawtooth will have Tech Appl. course this fall. Indy, Aries and Ursa will have a course Oct - Nov VERY EXCITING , Edx course
  • 2 . Technical Course: each Project will have its own mini course. easier to maintain,   Now we need to stat developing technical courses for the projects. Sawtooth will have Tech Appl. course this fall. Indy, Aries and Ursa will have a course Oct - Nov VERY EXCITING , Edx course
  • 3. GitHub issues: Need maintainer https://github.com/hyperledger/education: old version of Edx course , no maintainers . Flavia suggests starting fresh with new material. Link to  new Git hub hub

III. Wiki / Pages (Updates and Additions) 

Resources Page

Key Terms: Group needs to develop a glossary of terms for the community - group members will work on.

USE Case Template: Create template that can be standard for all project. Need to add Hyperledger flavor to template. Wendy spoke on what her Health care Sig is working on. Suggested reading, "Frontiers in Blockchain" for Standards and evidence presented in use case in the healthcare field. Evidentary  Proof.. Outcomes in use cases need to prove their value. Gordon commented with a caution about Data, What metrics are we basing   META CASE STUDIES, Saptarshi, Quantify ROI with the evidence in case studies.  

Graphic Standards: Wendy need the graphic sets from out wiki page, wondered if her group need to run the SIG work product thru TSC, I said no because they do not report to TSC. Wendy asked about Word doc, Hyperledger prefers Google Doc or The wiki page for editing. 

Survey Saptarshi discussed  two types of surveys (1) for our WG to gain members (2) A survey for Projects, SIG's and WG to collect documentation and determine goals and needs.

1. Learning Materials development community survey: poll community for interest, new leadership and membership involvement:

2. Hyperledger Community: three surveys, Working Groups, Special Interest Groups and Projects need to be developed to determine 

  • What documentation has been developed
  • What documentation is needed 
  • How can the LMDWG help

VI. Presentations

Meet-up Wrap up of the Summer Project 

Summer project www.bcprinceton.com/project_day . (sad) 

VII. Old Business:


VIII.   New Business

  • Jim : He has some screen shots that he can share and will test out and share with us the super cool new Android 10 application to set up a Fabric instance on your phone.
  • Courses  SIG specific in Edx

 IX. Close          Next meeting September 9th 2019, 


  • No labels