Let us know how we are doing
Introductions from people on the call:
Join Group https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/learning-materials-development-wg
Introduction to Learning Materials Working Group
The Learning Materials Development working group is focused on developing open source training material (licensed as specified by the Hyperledger Charter) to educate people interested in expanding their knowledge of Hyperledger and its projects. The working group will consult with other Hyperledger working groups, team members, and the project maintainers to identify training needs and develop strategies, as well as, material to address those needs.
Antitrust Policy Antitrust Policy Notice
Linux Foundation meetings involve participation by industry competitors, and it is the intention of the Linux Foundation to conduct all of its activities in accordance with applicable antitrust and competition laws. It is therefore extremely important that attendees adhere to meeting agendas, and be aware of, and not participate in, any activities that are prohibited under applicable US state, federal or foreign antitrust and competition laws. Examples of types of actions that are prohibited at Linux Foundation meetings and in connection with Linux Foundation activities are described in the Linux Foundation Antitrust Policy available at http://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy. If you have questions about these matters, please contact your company counsel, or if you are a member of the Linux Foundation, feel free to contact Andrew Updegrove of the firm of Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the Linux Foundation.
Introductions from people on the call: Idowu Akinde, Saptarshi, Siva, Jim Mason, Scott Schneider
II. EdX Update / Discussion:
- 1. Blockchain for Business EdX Updates EDITS COMPLETED
- 2 . Technical Course: each Project will have its own mini course. easier to maintain,
- Jim : Hard to keep the EDX course updated when the Fabric versions are moving ( 1.4.2, 2.0 ) He has some screen shots that he can share and will test out and share with us the super cool new Android 10 application to set up a Fabric instance on your phone.
- Members from the Working Groups and Projects would own their sections . Working Group need to determine best way to assist Edx in course ware for Hyperledger.
- 3. GitHub issues: Need maintainer https://github.com/hyperledger/education
III. Wiki / Pages (Updates and Additions)
Key Terms: Group needs to develop a glossary of terms for the community
USE Case Template: Use case added by Jim,1. ed to organize and index use case library 2. create template that can be standard for all project.
Development of Standards._ White paper completed, use case in progress, next graphic library for community to access.
Graphic Standards: must take PowerPoint and add to wiki as index-able color sets for documentation.
1. Learning Materials development community survey: poll community for interest, new leadership and membership involvement:
Saptarshi inquired as to who will host and what questions will be asked , Google drives for now but to develop questions for survey we will use the wiki page.
2. Hyperledger Community: three surveys, Working Groups, Special Interest Groups and Projects need to be developed to determine
- What documentation has been developed
- What documentation is needed
- How can the LMDWG help
Saptarshi and Siva agreed to help develop the surveys
The new survey will be sent in hopes to reengage inactive members of the group. Associations with Universities
Objectives: Suggestions on how to increase membership.
VI. Presentations (1:30)
Summer project Technical meetup Groups tech crew were not on the call.
VII. Old Business:
VIII. New Business
IX. Close Next meeting August 26th 2019,