2019 Q3 Hyperledger Cello
Project health is largely the same as in previous update. The community is making changes to make Cello more of a production ready tool. Features and capabilities are now more based on common use cases and behaviors of the Blockchain applications. Weekly meetings often see 10+ participates and often run over the allocated 30 minutes due to discussions and questions. In some cases, very well run pass 1 hour mark.
There are no major issues at this time.
- v0.9.0: Support v1.1/v1.2 fabric in k8s agent, Add v1.3 capabilities to ansible agent.
- v1.0.0: Most of the changes to the project are towards this release. We like to be very cautious and prudent on this release and will not rush it out.
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
- Keep working on the new governing model and relevant APIs.
- Designed and implemented a new and user friendly dashboard for the new APIs.
- Updated the document for the new architecture.
- Bug fixes.
|Implement the deployment of the Orderer node||High|
Organize and manage fabric network dynamically
|Proposal Justitia work to be merged into Cello||Medium|
|Support fabric 1.4 and later version (if using ansible agent, this is done already)||Medium|
Current there are 4 maintainers, and those active developers who contribute to cello continuously (3 month) will be nominated.
- Baohua Yang (Oracle)
- Haitao Yue (IBM)
- Tong Li (IBM)
- Jiahao Chen (VMware)
Contributions to the projects maintain the similar rate as Q2. Lot of discussions on bringing user management components from a third party which already has the function in their product.
- Arnaud Le Hors
- Baohua Yang
- Binh Nguyen
- Christopher Ferris
- Dan Middleton
- Hart Montgomery
- Kelly Olson
- Mark Wagner
- Mic Bowman
- Nathan George
- Silas Davis