This HOWTO explains the process for naming a new Hyperledger project as part of the necessary steps for setting up new projects.
- Brainstorm potential names with the broader project community.
- Ensure names do not infringe upon existing trademarks - do some due diligence through Google, Open Source Project Name Checker, Namechk and LF legal counsel.
- Bring it to a vote using SurveyMonkey.
- Commit to the new name.
- Loop in Hyperledger marketing and PR teams at least three weeks in advance of the project launch to coordinate on related project assets (logo design, blog post, social promo, project page, etc.).
- If you have artists in the group you can also do a similar process with the logo. But again be sure to do an image search and give Hyperledger marketing a heads up.