4. Technical Oversight Committee (“TOC”)
i. Composition. The TOC voting members shall consist of eleven (11) individuals who are active within the scope of the Hyperledger Foundation and who have nominated themselves for the TOC and have been elected or appointed pursuant to Section 4.a.ii. or Section 4.a.iii. (such individuals for a particular election, the “TOC Nominees”).
ii. Elections. Elections will be administered and overseen by the TOC. All maintainers (or similar technical role in the case of Supported Projects that have different technical roles than TOC Projects) of any Technical Project who have been active in the past year will elect six (6) individuals from among the TOC Nominees to serve as TOC voting members.
iii. Appointments. For the purposes of ensuring appropriate diversity on the TOC and that the TOC has all of the relevant expertise concerning the scope of the Hyperledger Foundation’s technical activities, the Governing Board annually will appoint the remaining five (5) voting members of the TOC from among the TOC Nominees.
iv. As used in Sections 4.a.i. and 4.a.ii., “active” means having made at least one contribution accepted to any Technical Project during the prior 12 months.
v. At any time the TOC may vote to approve an alternate composition of the TOC, with the approval of the Governing Board.
Nomination Process and Timeline
Nomination period: -
To nominate yourself for the TOC, first determine if you are eligible (see above). If you are eligible, then send an email to email@example.com with the subject "TOC Election Nomination" and the following message:
Dear Election Committee,
I nominate myself for the TOC election. My email address is <email> and my GitHub ID is <github id>.
The contributions that I have had to the Hyperledger Foundation in the past year is (please check all that apply)
- code contribution to project/lab
- maintainer of project/lab
- TOC Member
- Lab Steward
- SIG leader
- Task Force leader
- Other (please provide details)
Then, file an issue on GitHub with your nomination statement.
- - The community architects will gather the GitHub IDs of the active maintainers and update the eligibility check site .
- - The community architects will gather the GitHub IDs of the active contributors and update the eligibility check site .
- - Update the email templates to reflect the dates for the 2022 election cycle.
- - Publish the template for submitting nominations and open the call for nominees.
- - Communication sent to Hyperledger Discord announcement channel announcing the call for TOC nominations using the above template.
- - TOC will be notified via email that the call for nominations has begun.
- - Reminder communication sent about nominations to Hyperledger Discord announcement channel about the call for TOC nominations using the above template.
- - Nominations close EOD Pacific. Go through activity log of the election list during the nomination period to see if any nomination statements were tagged as spam and rejected. Follow up with people as needed.
- - All nominees must have created their nomination statement on the wiki prior to EOD.
Voting period: -
The individuals eligible to vote in the TOC election is defined in §4.a.ii of the Hyperledger Charter. The election will be created using https://vote.heliosvoting.org/. The vote will elect 6 people from the list of TOC nominees.
- - Formally announce the slate of candidates.
- - Open the vote using https://vote.heliosvoting.org/. A GitHub notification will be sent to eligible voters with information about casting their ballot. GitHub IDs will be used for the voters.
- - TOC will be notified via email that the vote is open.
- - Election closes at 23:59 US/Pacific time (Dec. 1, 2022, 7:59 a.m. (UTC).)
- - The vote results will determine the 6 elected TOC members. These members will be removed from the appointment vote.
Appointment Period -
The Governing Board will appoint 5 people from the list of TOC Nominees excluding the 6 elected TOC members. The Governing Board will be provided with the results of the election from the maintainers so that they can ensure appropriate diversity of the TOC during their vote.
- - Open the vote using OpaVote, Condorcet IRV ranking/election method.
- - An email will be sent to the governing board informing them of the vote and to look for a separate email with the link. In addition, the results of the election from the maintainers will be provided to the Governing Board.
- - Reminder email sent to the governing board.
- - Election closes at noon UTC
- - Email sent to the TOC mailing list announcing the newly elected and appointed TOC members.
TOC Chair/Vice Chair Election
- - Incoming TOC elects the new TOC chair and vice chair