Health is good. Work continues to focus on improving performance of SQL database support, as well as continued work on workload tools that can be leveraged by different distributed ledgers for performance and stability testing.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos? yes
- Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos? no
Questions/Issues for the TSC
No issues currently.
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
Continued incremental improvements to the initial code base. Additional activity shown below. The primary method of discussion continues to be held in RocketChat.
- Experimental support of SQLite and Postgres merkle-radix tree has been added. Along with state pruning.
- An example application that uses the command family workload to submit transactions directly to sabre was added.
- Improved workload command rate submission to be more accurate.
- Modified workload to handle a TooManyRequests response and slow the submission rate until able to submit transactions again.
- Added `command` as a workload type to the transact workload subcommand.
Next steps include:
- Move Sawtooth Sabre (wasm engine) into Transact
- Complete and stabilize SQL database support
- Reorganization of the project's crate structure
- Setup a documentation site to help explain/advocate the project
- Add a next-generation smart contract API / simplified smart contracts (cross-project with Sawtooth, in progress)
The maintainer diversity currently matches that of the initial project sponsor companies.
There were a total of 6 contributors in the last quarter, one more than last quarter.
Insights from May 25th 2021 to August 25 2021
- Angelo De Caro
- Arnaud J Le Hors
- Arun S M
- Baohua Yang
- Bobbi Muscara
- Danno Ferrin
- David Enyeart
- Gari Singh
- Grace Hartley
- Hart Montgomery
- Maria Teresa Nieto
- Mark Wagner
- Nathan George
- Tracy Kuhrt
- Troy Ronda