In the last quarter work was done to find and improve a memory leak in Sawtooth Sabre. Work is currently underway to add SQLite and PostgreSQL support for the ReceiptStore in sawtooth-lib. The design can be found here.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos? Yes
- Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos? No
Questions/Issues for the TSC
No new issues
Sawtooth Sabre v0.7.2 - 06/24/2021
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
The community continues to discuss Sawtooth-related issues on Rocketchat. Live working sessions have also been used on a monthly basis to discuss the future of Sawtooth, with participation from the community.
- A memory leak was discovered in Sawtooth Sabre caused by the version of wasmi pulled in. The leak was improved by updating wasmi from 0.4 to 0.9. This update also provided a small performance increase.
The following work is currently in progress:
- Rewriting the Sawtooth CLI in Rust
- Refreshing the Sawtooth website and documentation
- Move portions of Sawtooth Sabre to Hyperledger Transact
- Migrate to Github Issues, away from JIRA.
- Add a receipt store trait that will be implemented with LMDB, SQLite and PostgreSQL backends.
The following work is currently planned:
- Create a new consensus library that will be used by the Sawtooth validator
- Initialize a Sawtooth service for Splinter
- Improve Sabre performance
Plans will continue to be developed as part of the working sessions.
Maintainers are distributed across Bitwise IO, Cargill, Intel, and Walmart Labs.
Commits from 2021-04-21 to 2021-07-20 : 21
Committers from 2021-04-21 to 2021-07-20 : 7
Domains from 2021-04-21 to 2021-07-20 : 3
- Angelo De Caro
- Arnaud J Le Hors
- Arun S M
- Baohua Yang
- Bobbi Muscara
- Danno Ferrin
- David Enyeart
- Gari Singh
- Grace Hartley
- Hart Montgomery
- Maria Teresa Nieto
- Mark Wagner
- Nathan George
- Tracy Kuhrt
- Troy Ronda