Currently, there are 2 teams working on Iroha - Iroha v1 and Iroha v2. Iroha 1 team is less active and mostly works on providing and maintaining a stable 1.2 version, fixing some issues with the release while team Iroha 2 is actively working on creation of the newer version. Community is active and appropriate, we are happy to have contributors who help the new users to resolve any difficulties with using Iroha.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos? Not yet, will do
- Have you implemented repolinter.json in all your repos? Not yet, will do
Questions/Issues for the TSC
Are there any newsletters we could subscribe to to learn about important TSC solutions without following all the discussions in TSC group?
What are the due dates for renaming the master branch and adding repoliner?
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
For Iroha 1:
We worked to release 1.2 and now to stabilise it as well as possible.
- With the help from Diva.exchange developers we fixed several stability issues when network is slow and some peers are disconnected
- Improved performance by optimising some sql scripts
- Improving Iroha to migrate between different versions with as minimum downtime as possible
- Working on switching to KV database that expected to bring huge performance boost
For Iroha 2:
- Introduced Permissions model
- Introduced Multisignature accounts and transactions
- Developed MVP of client library in Java
- Simplified network startup with genesis block
- Multiple usability improvements and bug fixes
We kept our bi-weekly community calls going - some of the interesting presentations are in our wiki.
Iroha 1 plans:
- Finish version migration feature
- Introduce KV database
- Replace rxcpp dependency with custom subscription engine
Overall, we plan to stay on the same path: stabilising and improving Iroha v1, maintain it and work on Iroha v2's new features. We want to keep the communication with our amazing contributors and help others use Iroha for their projects. Hopefully, we will also be able to make some interesting content about how to use Iroha.
One new Rust developer for Iroha 2 project - Ivan Rybin.
Sonoko Mizuki is an independent contributor maintainer to Iroha 2
diva.exchange team is still contributing a lot into Iroha, as well as Baziorek. Also, please see maintainer diversity regarding this.
Nothing special at the moment.
- Angelo De Caro
- Arnaud J Le Hors
- Arun S M
- Baohua Yang
- Bobbi Muscara
- Danno Ferrin
- David Enyeart
- Gari Singh
- Grace Hartley
- Hart Montgomery
- Maria Teresa Nieto
- Mark Wagner
- Nathan George
- Tracy Kuhrt
- Troy Ronda