Hyperledger Transact - https://github.com/hyperledger/transact
Health is good. This quarter, the focus is on components that will use Transact. Work is underway to have Hyperledger Sawtooth and libsawtooth make use of Transact's transaction execution platform, which is a part of the ongoing effort to replace the Python codebase with Rust. This integration effort will result in changes to Transact, by way of bug fixes and minor API changes as needed.
Questions/Issues for the TSC
No issues currently.
Since project creation, the project has had 12 releases. The current release is 0.2.4. The releases are available on crates.io:
Release 0.2.5 is planned for updating Sawtooth support to the newest version of the Sawtooth Rust SDK.
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
Continued incremental improvements to the initial code base. Additional activity shown below. The primary method of discussion continues to be held in RocketChat.
- Stabilized of the "contract-archive" feature for loading smart contracts from smart contract archive (.scar) files.
- Update Sawtooth compatibility to the newest version of the Sawtooth Rust SDK
Next steps include:
- Replace the existing transaction execution platform in the Sawtooth validator with Transact.
- Stabilize SQLite database support
- Add a next-generation smart contract API / simplified smart contracts (cross-project with Sawtooth, in progress)
- Add PostgreSQL database support
The maintainer diversity currently matches that of the initial project sponsor companies.
Due to efforts being geared towards Sawtooth's adoption of Transact, contributors in the Transact repositories were low, with only 3 contributors.
- Angelo De Caro
- Arnaud J Le Hors
- Christopher Ferris
- Dan Middleton
- Gari Singh
- Hart Montgomery
- Mark Wagner
- Nathan George
- Swetha Repakula
- Tracy Kuhrt
- Troy Ronda