Hyperledger Sawtooth https://sawtooth.hyperledger.org/
- Focus has been on stability, performance and regression testing for the upcoming 1.2 release. The features contained in the 1.2 release were originally reported in previous 2019 Sawtooth quarterly updates.
- The ongoing transition of the codebase from Python to Rust changed the dynamics of calls across the FFI boundary. This led to some complex performance regressions which showed up during long-running-network testing with PoET consensus. Detailed instrumentation of the FFI calls suggested targeted optimizations to reduce or eliminate expensive boundary crossings. Final long-running-network tests with these changes are wrapping up, which should culminate in a 1.2 release shortly.
- 2019 Summer Mentee Project Update: Developing Explorer Capabilities for Hyperledger Sawtooth
- All the Farms: An agricultural supply chain story
- Sawtooth PBFT 1.0
- Sawtooth 1.2 (coming soon)
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
See the community calendar https://wiki.hyperledger.org/community/calendar-public-meetings for occurrences of our Sawtooth Contributors Meeting.
Continuing development on:
- Sawtooth 1.2 release
- Rewrite of remaining Python components in Sawtooth Core in Rust
- Getting Sawtooth Rust SDK to 1.0
- Getting Sawtooth Sabre to 1.0
Maintainers are roughly evenly distributed across Bitwise.io, Cargill, Intel, with T-Mobile on Next Directory. No new maintainers have been added in this quarter.
Commits from 2019-07-01 to 2019-09-30 : 225
Committers from 2019-07-01 to 2019-09-30 : 27
Domains from 2019-07-01 to 2019-09-30 : 12
- Angelo De Caro
- Arnaud J Le Hors
- Christopher Ferris
- Dan Middleton
- Gari Singh
- Hart Montgomery
- Mark Wagner
- Nathan George
- Swetha Repakula
- Tracy Kuhrt
- Troy Ronda