Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting
February 9, 2017 (7:00am - 8:00am PT) via GoToMeeting
Arnaud Le Hors
Murali Krishna Katipalli
*QUORUM NOT REACHED*
Rocket.Chat: chat.hyperledger.org (you can use your LFID to login)
- Github: www.github.com/hyperledger
- Wiki: https://wiki.hyperledger.org/
- Public lists: lists.hyperledger.org
- Information on the TSC Members can be found at https://www.hyperledger.org/about/tsc
- Meetings: wiki.hyperledger.org/community/calendar-public-meetings
Action Item Review
- Hackfest Planning + Shanghai Hackathon
- Shanghai Hackathon (March 11-12) http://szqy.ffan.com/hack/Hack/ (English version still being updated). Note, this is a Hackathon (as opposed to the Hackfest held in San Francisco last week).
- Decision to not hold a Hackfest in Shanghai in March (likely will hold in Beijing in June).
- Potential to hold an NY Hackfest in April timeframe.
- Rocket.Chat is live chat.hyperledger.org (you can use your LFID to login)
- So far so good.
- Archive of Slack will be a copy of all public messages from day 0 of the Slack instance with the goal to make them public and searchable.
- WG Charters
- Identity WG (Vipin) draft
- Input incorporated since last TSC meeting.
- No objections to current draft.
- VOTE will be called for via email since quorum wast not met.
- Requirements WG (Oleg) - needed
- Fabric-SDK WG (Pardha) - needed
- FYI: GSL Discussion - Tamas to present on February 23rd
- Reminder: Internship Program / Call for mentors and project suggestions https://goo.gl/forms/CdyvxaKmwv7PwFbl2 [deadline: February 17th]
- Open Discussion
- Vipin: Curious as to whether interoperability of all sorts is a stated requirement of identity WG or not? We want to create a pathway towards implementation, something concrete. Request for the different projects send Vipin their thoughts on identity -- either a document or code.
- Ram: From Architecture WG viewpoint, we assume that interoperability is a requirement.
- Richard: re: Corda -- technical whitepaper outlines how we are viewing identity in core platform, also work inside of WGs inside R3 on identity higher up in stack.
- Ram: Saw an early draft from Marketing WG -- mentioned mutability. But, we had assumed immutability is an essential characteristic of the DLT for Hyperledger. Want input on this.
Actions + On-going
- Hackfest planning (New York, April / Beijing, June)
- WG Charters (status of email vote on Identity WG + need drafts from Requirements WG and Fabric-SDK WG)
- VOTE: slack-archive repo https://lists.hyperledger.org/pipermail/hyperledger-tsc/2017-February/000605.html
- Project updates needed by EOD 2/15
- Internship Program / Call for mentors and project suggestions https://goo.gl/forms/CdyvxaKmwv7PwFbl2
- GSL Discussion on 2/23