Hyperledger Telecom Special Interest Group (TC-SIG) Q2 Update
In the second Quarter two new subgroups Inter-Carrier Settlement and Service Level Agreement are started in Telecom SIG. Twenty five new members joined in second quarter. TC-SIG finished one white paper on Inter-Carrier Settlement between different Telecom Operators and our talk with topic Blockchain-based Solution for Reducing the Cost of Settling Inter-carrier Charges is selected in Open Networking Summit. We are also in the process to submit our code in Hyperledger Labs and two POCs are ready. We completed five months with 133 Members. Meetings are taking place every other week on Thursday. Till now we have nine Bi-Weekly calls and attendance at the meetings is approximately same.
Issues being faced by the group
- More collaborations are needed with Telecom Operators.
- Resources are required to test the POCs.
List of planned work products
- We are planning to start a new subgroup on SDN/NFV, ONAP, 5G use cases with Hyperledger Blockchain.
- More White papers on Telecom use cases with Hyperledger.
- Survey to establish more information about the group membership and objectives for the future (underway)
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
The Telecom SIG has calls every other week on Thursdays at 2:00 PM Eastern.
Active Discussion on mailing list https://lists.hyperledger.org/g/telecom-sig
TC-SIG reading list related to Telecom and Blockchain
Many Carriers, Companies and universities Showed interest and participated in Bi-Weekly calls Subex, DT, IBM, Telefonica, South Korea Telecom, HP, Oracle, etc.