- Antitrust Policy and introductions - 3 minutes - VB
- Quarterly Report to the TSC - 1 minute - VB
- Bridges between Blockchain based systems and Enterprise IAM Systems - 5 minutes VB
- Stephen Curran OpenIDConnect Identity Provider - 10-15 minutes, plus questions and answers
- Indy WG comes back to the mothership call on Thursday is now Identity WG Implementer call
- The paper: "Hubs and Agents how do they work together" - published jointly under Hyperledger tech blog & DIF blog
- Progress of Identity Working Group paper. sticking points
- Libra and its Identity system
|Daniel Bluhm||Daniel Bluhm|
|Pete Teigen||IBM Global Blockchain|
|Ken Ebert||Sovrin Foundation|
Audio : 2019-07-24.audio.m4a
- We made the usual introductions as well as went over some of the activities of the Identity WG
- Ravikant who is working on IOT and SSI along with Ajay Jadhav will make a presentation of this with reference to projects that they are undertaking.
- Brief discussion on links from blockchain based identities to existing IAM systems- this will be one of the themes this year
- The quarterly report has been submitted to the TSC
- John Jordan presented an opportunity from BC.GOV: We, the folks from the BC gov VON (https://vonx.io) team, would like to share an opportunity with members of open communities to work with us to do some focused collaboration around mobile agent, Aries agents and aries-cloudagent-python interoperability. We have a pilot production service planned for a significant professional accreditation organization within our province coming up in the fall. This pilot has a requirement for mobile agents to be able to hold and offer verifiable credentials issued and verified by services operating instances of aries-cloudagent-python. Details are in this Open Collaboration MOU: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GPZ4p4zM36AN3DcHJ13s_IisSrT4F3S0
- An Identity WG Implementers call was announced: On the HL calendar for 9 am mountain time- all are welcome (
The implementation work for identity inside of Hyperledger has gotten to a point where there is a significant amount of cross-project collaboration. In particular we have a lot of Indy+Aries+Ursa discussions about API surfaces, release planning and use cases that has always been going on in the Thursday Indy WG call. Since the nature of that collaboration now spans multiple projects with the three we mentioned, we are moving that call underneath the Identity WG's management and officially opening it up to all Identity Implementation work (we didn't want it to distract from the higher-level whitepaper or use case work already going on in the bi-weekly call we have now). So if you're writing identity code for a Hyperledger project, or anything that intends to be interoperable with a Hyperledger project, please join us for the first Identity Implementers call next Thursday at 9 AM mountain time. We will be discussing whether to have the call every week or every other week, and looking for any other working groups from the projects that would like to report status or discuss progress.)
Stephen Curran presented:
Background: the BC Gov team has initiated an open source project (via an open source "Code With Us" bounty) to implement a OpenIDConnect Identity Provider that works using Verifiable Credentials. Mattr Global is doing the work with BC Gov. The initial repo for the effort has been created and a first draft of a document that outlines many of the details of how it is going to work is in the repo.
- BC.Gov already uses Keycloak from Redhat to implement an OIDC layer to the various IAM systems in different departments of BC government
- The project is to create an Open ID Connect layer to integrate with Keycloak (from Redhat) so that a Verifiable claims based IdP can be used.
- Stretch goal is to integrate with other IAM solutions like Gluu or Forgerock etc.
- The project has been awarded to a New Zealand based company and is being actively worked on.
- The project is completely open source and they are looking for other collaborators to work on this project.
- Details are in https://github.com/bcgov/vc-authn-oidc/blob/master/docs/README.md