Step 1: review eligibility
The Hyperlegder Mentorship Program is aimed at providing a structured and guided learning opportunity for new developers, including college and university students, interested in becoming open source contributors to the Hyperledger community. Please first review the eligibility requirements to determine if you're eligible to apply.
Step 2: discover projects
Carefully review the Hyperledger mentorship projects that are in "Accepting Mentee Applications" status in 2023 and identify which project(s) you're interested in.
- Ask yourself which projects you are the most excited or curious about exploring? The project descriptions, learning objectives and outcomes, and any additional information or links on the project page may give you some insight.
- Ask yourself which projects are a better fit for your profile. Be sure to read about the educational level and skills required or desired to evaluate if you are qualified.
- Lastly, we expect mentees to be able to contribute ~20 hours a week on a consistent basis from June to November. Please make sure the program timeline and schedule will fit into your schedule.
- Each applicant may apply for multiple but no more than THREE projects. We recommend that you focus your effort on 2 projects and submit a quality application for those two projects.
Step 3: contact mentor(s)
This step is optional. Feel free to contact the mentor(s) for the projects that you are interested in to learn more and to clarify any information that's unclear to you.
- You may be able to discover more about the desirable background and skills of the mentee the mentor(s) are looking to work with.
- We have learned that the best applications are often from those who take the time to interact and discuss their ideas with the mentors before submitting an application.
- But be thoughtful with your questions as our mentors may be receiving a large volume of questions from interested applicants. If your questions are about the program in general or the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: prepare application materials
Besides collecting standard demographic and contact information on the application, we will ask you to upload your resume and a cover letter.The cover letter will ask you to address the following questions:
- How did you find out about our program?
- Why are you interested in the project(s) you're applying to?
- What experience and knowledge/skills do you have that are applicable to the requirements of the project(s) you're applying to?
- What do you hope to get out of this experience?
- Some projects may have additional requirements that ask your to demonstrate open source contribution experience. Please review carefully the requirements for the projects you're interested in applying to and prepare the materials accordingly.
Remember, your cover letter should not only demonstrate you're qualified but also show that you're passionate about becoming an active contributor in the Hyperledger open source community through this experience.
Step 5: apply on LFX Mentorship Platform
LFX Mentorship, developed by The Linux Foundation, of which Hyperledger is part of, is the portal where the Hyperledger mentorship projects are listed and mentee applications will be taken.
- Go to LFX Mentorship Platform
- Create Your Mentee Profile (you will need to create an LFID first you don't already have one)
- Search by "Hyperledger" to see all Hyperledger projects open for application
- Click on the specific Hyperledger projects to read about the project details
- Be sure to "View Site" to take you to the corresponding wiki page for complete project information
- When ready, click "Apply" (remember you can apply up to 3 projects)
- Complete the application prerequisites: latest resume and cover letter. Some may require that you supply additional information about your open source contribution experience. So please read the project details carefully.
Please review detailed application instructions for additional information about how to apply on LFX Mentorship.
Please email email@example.com