- Tuesday, March 8th, 2022, at 8 AM Pacific
- Add Climate Action and Accounting SIG calls to your calendar
Dial-In Information: [ZOOM]
You can join either from your computer or from your phone:
- From computer: https://zoom.us/j/4034983298?pwd=STZQd0xMZU9xRVVOVnpQM3JNQ2dqZz09
- From phone: +1(855)880-1246 (toll free US number) or view International numbers
- Meeting ID: 403 498 3298
- Welcome new members, including new member introductions
- Click here to learn - How to Contribute
- Presentation: BC Government/ Open Earth Foundation: Mines Digital Trust Carbon Accounting Use Case
- Martin Wainstein, Open Earth Foundation
- Nancy Norris, Government of BC
- Kyle Robinson, Briartech Consulting
- This presentation and session at the CA2SIG will deep dive into an implementation of Hyperledger Indy and Aries, under the Trust Over IP Framework, using Decentralized Identifiers and Verifiable Credentials to establish trusted interactions between multiple agents and climate stakeholders. Particularly we'll review the network where subnational governments (like British Columbia), Natural Resource Corporations (like Mining Companies), Auditors and Verifiers, and other agents across a supply chain integrate carbon and climate data for both jurisdictional and corporate inventories, as well as corresponding carbon adjustments when products cross borders.
- The Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation (EMLI) from the British Columbia government has been collaborating with the Open Earth Foundation and their Open Climate network and platform to pilot a Digital Trust Network that is relevant to Mining operations and broader Paris-level integrated accounting. Both entities presented their work at COP26 in Glasgow in collaboration with UNFCCC and will walkthrough current status and next steps.
Hyperledger is committed to creating a safe and welcoming
community for all. For more information
please visit the Hyperledger Code of Conduct.