(Meeting Link: https://consensys.zoom.us/j/95691099798)
EMEA/AMER Friendly Time - 1500 UTC (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20201012T150000&p1=224&p2=179&p3=1440&p4=195&p5=47)
- 8 AM Tuesday San Francisco
- 11 AM Tuesday New York
- 3 PM Tuesday UTC
- 5 PM Tuesday Paris/Berlin
- 1 AM Wednesday Brisbane
- Antitrust notice - https://www.linuxfoundation.org/antitrust-policy/
- This meeting is being recorded
- Please Mute unless speaking
- If you have a question use the raise hand feature
- General Announcements
- Release updates
- Work Updates
- Post London hard Fork refactoring
- Other Business
- GentleBIT to discuss GEN Blockchain, a blockchain where the block reward is a function of the current circulating supply, as a modification of the Besu codebase.
- Open Forum
- Future Topics
Next Release is going to be August 17th. Danno is going to merge a few PRs into Besu prior to that release, including he is doing the master to main branch change today.
London hard fork refactoring is slowly being updated on refactoring.
They are currently at MVP stage aligned with the white paper features. They already deployed on mainnet as of August 1st. Team needs to spend more time evaluating impacts to Besu.
- Jan will be able to fork it into GitHub would make it easier for us to reference or if there is a readable diff. It could be a remote option. We could then push it to a personal fork of Besu on a remote way.
- Grace to set up RocketChat GenChain channel to talk about this topic publicly and in more detail