Hyperledger Aries is infrastructure for blockchain-rooted, peer-to-peer interactions. It includes a shared cryptographic wallet (the secure storage tech, not a UI) for blockchain clients as well as a communications protocol for allowing off-ledger interaction between those clients. This project consumes the cryptographic support provided by Hyperledger Ursa, to provide secure secret management and decentralized key management functionality.
- A blockchain interface layer (known as a resolver) for creating and signing blockchain transactions
- A cryptographic wallet that can be used for secure storage of cryptographic secrets and other information (the secure storage tech, not a UI) used to build blockchain clients
- An encrypted messaging system for allowing off-ledger interaction between those clients using multiple transport protocols.
- An implementation of ZKP-capable W3C verifiable credentials using the ZKP primitives found in Ursa.
- An implementation of the Decentralized Key Management System (DKMS) specification currently being incubated in Hyperledger Indy.
- A mechanism to build higher-level protocols and API-like use cases based on the secure messaging functionality described earlier.