Let us know how we are doing
- All channels must have a topic specified. This will be a short description of the channel.
- All channels must have a description specified. This will be a longer description that specifies information about how and for what this channel is used, as well as, when this channel should not be used.
- The "Announcement" field shall only be used when you want to call attention to something specific related to this channel. An example could be a new release of the project.
Chat Channel Tips
If you go into a specific chat channel directly, without logging in, you will see a spinner that will not resolve. Please follow the steps below:
- You need to have a Linux foundation ID
- Go to https://chat.hyperledger.org
- It will show you the general channel, click on general
- Go to the bottom of the general channel and it will show a link (sign in to start talking)
- Click on that link you will be prompted for your LFID and password (you can also setup your LFID from here)
- Then you click on the capital markets sig link and it will take you right there (https://chat.hyperledger.org/channel/capital-markets-sig)
- If you are already logged into chat then you can directly click on the link above and it will take you there.
- In both cases (6. and 7.) it will ask whether you want to join the capital-markets-sig and you choose to join the channel
- If you are logged in to Rocketchat you can also search for capital-markets-sig and do the same thing as in point number 8.
- You can also add it to your favorites if you have many channels open
This section covers the best practices surrounding roles for the chat channels. Today, our chat program supports the following roles:
By default, all users will have the User role. The other three roles should be granted only in these instances:
|Working Group||WG Chair and Vice Chair||Moderator|
|SIG||SIG Chair and Vice Chair||Moderator|
|SIG||Ecosystem Point of Contact||Owner|
|Program||Responsible LF Staff||Owner|
|All (except program and SIG)||hyperledger-bot||Owner|
From the above, you will see the following: