- Introductions for new people, including James.
- Brent will be around less, unfortunately, due to Evernym status.
- Some issues with Cargo causing builds to break.
- Mike L found a very easy way to wrap Rust code for Node.js. Since lots of people want Node.js crypto implementations, this could be very useful.
- Some discussion of using Ursa vs. Aries. We should push people that want to use higher-level functionalities (i.e. credentials) to Aries and not Ursa, since Aries already wraps Ursa functionality safely in this case and it is hard to get right for non-experts.
- Aries needs to make it obvious that people can do less work by using it instead of Ursa.
- Nathan: separate between tier 1 and tier 2 wrappers based on maintainer work.
- Consensus: we should have a wrapper RFC.
- Hash to curve discussion:
- Can we make the hash to curve code extensible?
- Some technical discussion about cofactor optimizations