Hyperledger Indy provides tools, libraries, and reusable components for providing digital identities rooted on blockchains or other distributed ledgers so that they are interoperable across administrative domains, applications, and any other silo.
Indy is in active development across the following areas:
Note: We are in the process of moving our Client Tools work to Hyperledger Aries. We recommend engaging with both communities for the time being if you interested in building applications on top of an Indy network.
Distributed ledger purpose-built for decentralized identity
Correlation-resistant by design
DIDs (Decentralized Identifiers) that are globally unique and resolvable (via a ledger) without requiring any centralized resolution authority
Pairwise Identifiers create secure, 1:1 relationships between any two entities
Verifiable Credentials in an interoperable format for exchange of digital identity attributes and relationships, currently in the standardization pipeline at the W3C
Zero Knowledge Proofs which prove that some or all of the data in a set of Claims is true without revealing any additional information, including the identity of the Prover
- An index of Indy documentation can be found here.
- The documentation of the nitty gritty of the underpinnings of the code is located in the “docs” folder of each repo.
- Note: Indy Documentation is in the process of migrating to: indy.readthedocs.io
- Bugs, stories, and backlog for Indy Node (Ledger): https://jira.Hyperledger.org/projects/INDY
- Bugs, stories and backlog for Indy SDK: https://jira.Hyperledger.org/projects/IS
- Bugs, stories and backlog for reference Indy Agents: https://jira.Hyperledger.org/projects/IA
- A roadmap showing what the various teams are working on: Indy Roadmap
- Production deployments of Hyperledger Indy are listed: Indy Deployments
- Guidelines for reporting issues and working on issues: How to Contribute
Sign up for the Hyperledger Indy Mailing List here
Chat (for questions and ephemeral discussions)
#indy: questions and discussion about stable releases.
#indy-outreach : documentation improvements and efforts to invite and onboard contributors to the community.
Discussion about new development
#indy-agent: developing off-ledger identity services and interaction capabilities.
#indy-node: discussions about the distributed ledger.
#indy-sdk: client library that allows identity agents to talk to the distributed ledger.
#indy-pr-review: maintainer coordination and discussion.
#indy-maintainers: maintainer coordination and discussion.
#indy-outreach: discussions about education and cooperation efforst.
#indy-semantics: discussion on terminology and roles.
Indy Working Group Call
This call is a general call for any updates with the entire Indy community
Calls happen every Thursday 8amPT, 9amMT, 11amET, 4pmBST
Join from any device at: https://zoom.us/j/232861185
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16465588656,232861185# or +14086380968,232861185#
Or Telephone: Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) Meeting ID: 232 861 185 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=a0jD_rTMnh0ZYGQDOKPCNrK_0dP7WPfp1
NOTE: There is a chance that the schedules here will conflict. Hyperledger should be taken as the source of truth if/when that happens. Efforts are likely being made to consolidate the calendar into Hyperledger's calendar. Please check the Indy rocket chat channel for the most current information.
Meeting agendas: Indy Working Group Call Agenda/Notes/Links
Recordings can be found here: Indy WG Recordings
Historical agendas can be found here: Indy WG Agendas
Indy Maintainers Call
People who want to contribute to Indy should join this call. This does not replace our asynchronous collaboration, but should help us keep everyone up-to-date and moving together.
Calls happen every other week, and rotate between two timezones
- Europe afternoon / US morning: Monday at 8AM Los Angeles, 11AM New York, 4PM London, 18H Moscow
- US afternoon / Asia-Pacific morning: Monday at 3PM Los Angeles, 6PM New York, Tuesday at 6H Beijing, 8AM Sydney.
Discussion items: upcoming releases, current PRs, work that will generate future PRs, architecture changes that will impact downstream teams, project standards, best practices, design, etc.
Agendas: Indy Maintainers Meeting
You can work with us between calls on the Indy-Maintainers channel on Rocket Chat.
Add any recurring Indy events to your calendar by navigating to our public calendar and clicking on the specific events to add them to your own Google calendar.
Approved by the TSC on 2017-03-30
- Proposed moving from Incubating to Active Status, Approved by the TSC on 2019-03-28
- TSC Updates: TSC Project Updates
- Historical updates: TSC Project Updates pre-2019
Recent space activity