Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Hi All, Another great meeting. 

Thanks for your active participation and discussion. Slides, meeting notes, and recording will be posted on Supply Chain SIG wiki home page.

As a reminder if you have not joined a specific project yet, please consider doing so. Start by adding your name to projects, and contributing content. 

Thank you. 

Meeting Minutes - 6/20/2019


  • Reviewed poll result to determine SIG meeting time - Thursday, 9am PST still a top choice. Poll is opened indefinitely for everyone to vote
  • Recognized Marco Carvalho, Adnan Iftekhar, and Zaher Srour for their community leadership and enthusiastic contribution in the last two weeks 
  • Shared a few industry news items- The retailer, Target, unveiled and open sourced project ConsenSource, that runs on sawtooth. Codebase is in GitHub, FB announced Libra, Fed government doing a study on how they may use blockchain with Booz Allen (see slides for links to articles, and repos, etc)

Open Discussions:

  • Suggestion: It would bMinutes - June 20e good to get an update on progress made in food consortiums, find contacts and invite them to present, make it part of the discussions: MediLedger, FoodTrust, Target’s ConsenSource (if anyone knows someone who can speak about these consortiums feel free to invite them, and we can add them to the agenda). Everyone - invite contacts from these food consortiums to come and present in our SIG meeting. 
  • Suggestion: Bret Carpenter will send abstract of his proposed talk on use of Geospatial info, for potential inclusion in a future SIG meeting. 
  • Question: Grid project details and code repo may be found here:

Member Introductions: 

  • Joseph Catende - FL, Accountant, F500 company, Interested in Grid, access to codebase, Entrepreneur - Github. Startup - How GTM can be made into an agile process.
  • Bret Carpenter - Financial professional, Asset management in precious metal. Bold Forward with CDW, Inception program with Nvidia - Geospatial - Would like to present AR and Geospatial technology he is developing. 
  • Kamlesh - Pune, India - Startup, IT, Building supply chain solutions for different sectors based on Hyperledger Fabric
  • Christian Winzeler - Works in RSM, based in S. California, Food & Beverage consulting practice, interested in Food Safety
  • Amim Knabben - Logistics company in NY
  • Wesley Graham - Oracle, Product Management, Track and Trace app, interested in defining standards 
  • John Hopkins - Track and Trace  for a cannabis startup, interested in Grid, working on Semantics Working Group working on overlays to create shared context across different ledgers

Project Updates: 

Food Safety Project Meeting Notes

  • Add, Corda, Food Trust
  • Add more details to scope
  • Deliverable suggestion - one stop shop for understanding where the industry is at, best practices, analysis of consortium models - what’s unique about them
  • Talk about how these interact with outside systems - return data - how do we make it easy for getting that data in/out of blockchain - Bret has done some work in Blockchain and AWS - Integration/Interoperability heading/bullet is needed.
  • Vivek Ahuja & Michael Ribet from Sofbang will join this project - please add yourself to wiki.

Supply Chain Contract Template Meeting Notes

  • Defining interactions, taxonomy, participants
  • Start with High level - types of smart contracts with supply chain. Then go to industry specific smart contracts (pharma, beverage, life science)
  • Its not system specific - hyperledger fabric or sawtooth - that’s implementation detail. This project seeks to capture the business logic - data model, state transitions, business logic is the smart contract implementing.
  • Create a spec for smart contract logic - what capabilities should the smart contract support. 
  • Project Transact will be announced shortly - integration points for blockchain with supply chain processes
  • Be more specific to particular supply chain sub-processes e.g. purchase orders, reconciliation, acceptance notices, etc. talking about how smart contracts deal with these sub-processes. 
  • Does what asset you monitor also has an implication on smart contract logic - it should be a nuance worth covering
  • One idea - group can review BiTA specs - (Dave to check if this is current or not) - and propose smart contracts that can handle state transitions with the events.
  • GS1 also has defined EPCIS for data models and state transitions, which could be used to build logic for smart contract template -

Use Case Repository:

  • Mark and Jay to create a wiki based structure that we can use to define each use case.
  • Everyone writes editable use cases (sample will be posted) on wiki for collaborative editing
  • Create categories for use cases - by industry - retail, food, pharma, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, logistics, etc. 

Using Blockchain for Drug Supply Chain Security Act 

  • Action: Put a link to the actual DSCSA regulation document
  • Government wants to more granuarly track drugs in supply chain
  • Ben shared a link to the FDA page that outlines things like MediLedger - their specs for smart contracts are on Github
  • Legislation is being transformed into specs through 2023 - i.e. Unique identifier for all drugs at a salable unit level that carries though from manufacturer, to wholesaler, to pharmacy - several FDA pilots are underway
  • One use case for MediLedger is to verify returned drugs 
  • Baiju, Marco, Ben and others will jump on a call next week - others please add your name to wiki if you want to be included in that call.
  • FDA already has a “guidance document” - Ben to provide link on wiki page - that’s already established data models, schemas, etc.
  • Also, GS1 has a spec for healthcare and pharmaceutical already - that talks about DSCSA - to frame up data models and schemas - For this use case, defining a schema (data model) and smart contracts to handle the type of transactions that need to be processed by a distributed solution would be a great exercise for this use case.  ("Definition of Done" could be completing those deliverables.)
  • Marta to make introductions to GS1 team, and invite them to the next call
  • No labels