Nov 3, 2022 - Building Hyperledger Fabric Smart Contracts using Solidity and the EVM
an online technical workshop that looks at how to build smart contracts for Hyperledger Fabric using Solidity and Fabric's Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
- Hyperledger Fabric product architecture, including the EVM/Solidity components.
- Smart Contract Development demo
- Solidity Smart Contract Examples
- Why use the EVM for HyperLedger Fabric applications
- Use Remix for building Smart Contracts
- Data types.
- Functions and Accessibility, i.e., public, private.
- Deployment Demonstration
- Distributed Application (DApp) demonstration
- Possible Next Steps.
Oct 21, 2022 - Linux Foundation Public Health - Jim St Clair - Friday Oct 21, 10 am EDT
Linux Foundation Public Health ( LPFH ) is fostering the world's largest collaborative environment for open source public health. It builds, promotes, and sustains open source software to improve global health innovation.
Find out how open source software and Hyperledger are adding value in the Public Health arena. Jim St Clair is the Executive Director of Linux Foundation Public Health project. With expertise in both public health solutions and Hyperledger, Jim leads the team on finding opportunities for open source solutions. Don’t miss this meeting to find out what they’ve done and where they are focused now
|Jim is the Executive Director of the Linux Foundation Public Health (LFPH which promotes and curates open source software to help public health authorities (PHAs) and other healthcare organizations with an open source digital health ecosystem. Jim is also contributing to several ISO, HL7 and IEEE Working Groups to develop new standards for decentralized identity, patient data and distributed ledger systems. Jim is a veteran and former naval officer, having served in both active and reserve capacity.
Sept 23 - Hyperledger Firefly v1.1 for Web3, Blockchain apps - Nicko Guyer
Nicko Guyer - Senior Full Stack Engineer - Kaleido
- simplify public and enterprise blockchain development
- connect across public chains
- complete stack to build, scale Web3 applications
- Build apps with Java, Node.js, GO
- create smart contracts with smart contract languages
- Works with Ethereum, Fabric, Corda and other chains
- Open source and Enterprise versions
For faster Web3 and Blockchain development - come see Firefly v1.1 !
Video recording for Hyperledger Firefly v1.1 - 220923
Slide deck for 220923 ( to be uploaded yet )
Aug 12 - Digital Asset & CBDC Legislation Trends - Jim Mason
Many countries and states are looking at options to regulate digital assets and CBDC ( Central Bank Digital Currencies ). In some cases, digital asset legislation is now law. Digital asset legislation may include: CBDC, cryptocurrencies, stable coins, NFTs ( Non-fungible tokens ) and other forms of digital assets as well as the exchanges, marketplaces, custodians and service providers where they are sold and traded. These bills and laws can have a major impact on how these digital assets are used, valued and traded now and in the future for investments, commerce and payments.
For each category of digital assets, we'll: define the asset type, use cases, privacy and key related legislation sections
Some of the legislation we'll cover includes:
- MICA - the Markets in Crypto Assets proposal passed by the European Parliament
- The State of Wyoming Digital Assets Legislation in force since 2019
- The US Executive Action on Responsible Development of Digital Assets ( March 9, 2022 )
- the US Lummis-Gillibrand Digital Assets Bill
Presentation Slide Deck
Added Notes from Chat discussion
May 6 - Discussion - US CBDC and Project Lithium for security settlement
Speaker - Jim Mason
Initial discussion on US CBDC follow up from the US Executive Order ( March 2022 )
and Project Lithium looking at use of CBDC for securities settlement
March 25 - Review of the US Executive Order on Digital Assets - Jim Mason
Date - March 25, 10 AM EST
Jim Mason lead a review and group discussion on the new US Executive Order from President Biden.
While Federal Agencies have been monitoring Digital Assets, markets and CBDC for several years, this order accelerates a focus in many directions to study and provide recommendations this year to define new legislation that will radically alter the landscape of Digital Assets, Crypto and CBDC and other financial services once those recommendations are enacted.
We'll also talk briefly about research papers the group can work on as part of the 2022 Hyperledger Challenge.
a text file with some good comments and links
US Executive Order on Digital Assets on 220309
March 11 - Hyperledger Challenge research ideas, US Executive Order on Digital Assets - Jim Mason
Jan 28 - Open Plan Session for 2022: topics, speakers, research
Friday Jan. 28, 2022 - 10 am EST
Meetings >> Join Zoom from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
The Public Sector Group has covered a wide variety of themes over the last few years and look to build on that in 2022.
Come join us for any open discussion on key focus areas this year as we build our program
In the past our meetings have always focused on a presentation from a speaker.
Key Focus areas
- Government, NGO and industry use of solutions that use or can benefit from blockchain
- Regulation of blockchain solutions, standards and related technologies
- Blockchain Technology Concepts: blockchain evolves and we'll review key Hyperledger technology projects
- The 2022 Hyperledger Challenge discussion
- world leaders in blockchain solutions, technologies, research and Public Sector solutions
- This year I'd like to try some open forum discussions where we focus on a topic or theme as a group
- Opportunity to consolidate research on a specific topics and produce reports as a team
- Candidate research areas include: blockchain-related regulations, public solutions using NFTs