Let us know how we are doing
- Antitrust Policy and introductions - VB
- Identity WG Implementer call - report -
- TSC Report
- Report on IIW Nathan George David Huseby Daniel Hardman or anyone who was there
- Consent in Hyperledger Aries @janl and its relation to other consent efforts (India Consent Layer)
- ID2020: What happened and why is it important Vipin Bharathan
- Kiva - current status. After the UNGA- any one from Kiva (Matt Raffel or Cam Parra )
- Implementing metrics from Chaoss... DCIWG
- Progress of Identity Working Group paper. Further comments by Brent Zundel
- A talk by Kim Cameron in the offing.
Jan Lindquist gave a teaser on the RFC Consent in Hyperledger Aries .
The paper consists of :
An ontology - terms that are relevant and objects that are built up from these terms
- Legal compliance standards
- How can DID based systems implement a consent lifecyle
- A reference implementation of a lifecycle
- Consent certificate + proof
- Process Flow
- Jan says the paper should be properly called the enforcement of a Privacy Agreement
We spoke briefly of the following hard problems
- Hierarchy of sharing (what if the original relying party (RP) sells or shares the information to another party) and so on?
- Selective disclosure, granularity and quality of information shared (derived information like age boundary-i.e. older than x, younger than y from birthday)
- Meta data harvesting (IP addresses, location) and creating correlations
- Bankruptcy and delegation of control of privacy proof
- Forgetting: what sort of regulation should control this
- Common themes and ideas around sovereign or multi-state regulations (like GDPR, India Consent Layer, CCA, New York state privacy, Chinese regulation on consent) and how to implement them, are there patterns code snippets libraries
Some techniques proposed on the Semantics call
- Adding masking layers for psuedonimisation
- Metadata turns up as machine readable quasi-identifiers- what to do about this
Jan agreed to do a demo of the reference lifecycle in a future meeting- we will publicize this.