Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Summary

  • Project updates
  • The future of Indy and progress on Aries
  • Attributes of a DID
  • Planning future calls

Connection Info

The call takes place over Zoom here https://zoom.us/j/232861185

Reminder to the host: we plan to record this call.

Date

3PM UTC, 8AM PDT, 9AM MDT, 11AM EDT

Welcome/Introductions

Hyperledger is committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all. For more information please visit our Code of Conduct: Hyperledger Code of Conduct

All activities should be conducted in accordance with the Antitrust Policy found here.

Attendees

NameOrganizationEmail
Anonyome Labssmccown@anonyome.com
Sovrin Foundationdaniel.bluhm@sovrin.org
Matt RaffelKivamattr@kiva.org
Evernymrichard.esplin@evernym.com
Sam CurrenSovrin Foundationsam@sovrin.org






Regrets: Dmitri Zagidulin

























Announcements

Working Group Reports

  • Main Identity WG
    • TSC conversations going on about how to make more Hyperledger WG more productive. Emphasis on producing a paper which is currently being drafted.
    • Invite to Identity WG Main Call (Vipin Bharathan)
  • Hyperledger Indy
    • Indy release this month will not contain view change improvements; delayed until October.
    • Will contain Fully qualified DIDs.
    • Node support for Ubuntu 18.04 - some outstanding items, may be pushed back to October.
    • Aries wallet conversations happening in both Indy and Aries.
  • Indy Semantics WG
  • Hyperledger Aries
    • Architecture of the Aries wallet
    • Testing Framework Importance
    • DID Exchange Protocol
    • Decorator Versions
  • Hyperledger Ursa
    • September 0.2.0
      • ZKP / ZKLang improvements
      • Debian packages
      • Refactor internal plumbing for anoncreds 2.0, shouldn't impact external interfaces
      • Refactor multi-signature BLS in addition to aggregated signature
  • Sovrin Network updates and extensions
    • Builder Net and Staging Net are upgraded to Indy Node 1.9.2. Main Net should be upgraded soon.
  • Sovrin Governance Frameworks and Trust Architecture
    • Transaction Author Agreement with Data Processor Addendum ready for public review, and expected to be approved late-October
  • W3C Verifiable Credentials and DID updates
    • Working group kick-off at TPAC in Japan
    • Goal is to have a "feature complete" specification by spring 2020.
  • Interop and External updates (Dmitri Zagidulin
  • Rebooting Web of Trust (Daniel Hardman)

Open Discussion (Future Topics)

  • The future of Indy
    • Indy Node will continue
    • Indy-SDK will be superseded by Aries libraries
    • Indy-Resolver-Aries will allow Aries to connect to Indy
  • Progress on Aries, including timelines.
    • Architecture discussions are proceeding
      • Would like to lift much of indy-sdk to Aries, splitting into components, changing threading model, etc.
      • This is taking longer than expected, but is yielding useful results.
    • Moving from indy-connection protocol to aries-did-exchange protocol, hopefully in 2019
  • Attributes of a DID: what is an "alternative DID"? What is the trust model?
    • Expect lots of discussion at IIW about the validity of an alternative DID
  • Expectations for the future of this Identity Implementors call
    • Can we remove the meeting and call updates from the Indy and Aries calls?
    • We should reduce the scope of meeting updates in the other calls, but there still might be some useful updates specific to those calls.
    • Plans for next call (October 10)
      • Some will be at the Maintainers Summit, but we'll hold the call anyway.

Next Meeting Topics

  • Review of IIW
  • Encourage people to share their IIW demo (Evernym and Sovrin Foundation)

Future Topics

  • Kiva demo (Cam)
  • Roadmap coordination between Indy, Aries and Ursa

Action items

  •  

Call Recording

No files shared here yet.