Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Active contributors and community members are welcome to submit an internship project proposal for consideration.
- Multiple mentors supervising one intern per project would be desirable as this helps spread the workload and reduce the challenge of coverage caused by working remotely with an intern in a different time zone.
The mentor(s) need to be familiar with the project and is/are expected to directly supervise the hired mentee's technical work.
The proposed project needs to be clearly scoped and structured to be suitable for an internship project.
The project should be related to one of the current Hyperledger frameworks or tools.
- The outcome of the project will benefit the existing Hyperledger frameworks/tools/Labs or advance the Hyperledger open source technical community's work at large.
The mentor(s) should be ready to be the sponsor of the internship project as a Hyperleger Lab when the internship commences. This ensures that the project progress can be tracked and the project output can be publicly accessible to the community.
Proposal Review/Selection Process and Criteria
- The TSC forms a sub-committee to review all proposals and select a sub-set of projects for Hyperledger to sponsor.
- General selection criteria are:
- The selected proposals have clearly scoped learning objectives and outcomes that are suitable for one mentee, a student developer/researcher, to complete within 12 weeks if working full time or 24 weeks if working part time.
- The selected proposals will represent a nice mix of project difficulty levels. Some low, medium, and high difficulties.
- The selected proposals will maximize the diversity of the proposals, mentors, and mentees.
- The selected proposals should have a direct connection or relevance to an existing Hyperledger project or lab.
- The selected proposals will further increase the contributor/maintainer base of the related Hyperledger project or lab.
- The selected proposals are related to as many Hyperledger projects or lab as possible.
- The mentors of the selected proposals will represent a nice mix of experienced and new mentors.
- Review the current year program schedule including project proposal and selection period.