To establish consistent and comprehensive documentation standards for the Hyperledger Foundation open-source blockchain platforms. Our goal is to provide developers, users, and other stakeholders with high-quality technical documentation that is accurate, accessible, and easy to understand. Our end goal is to ensure that the technical documentation for the Hyperledger community is of the highest quality, making it easier for developers to build on these platforms and for users to understand and utilize them effectively.
Additional Information** Working Group Pages :
- Develop an understanding of best practices for creating open source documentation
- Learn how to collaborate with a community to develop documentation guidelines and templates
- Gain experience in technical writing and editing
- Learn how to use documentation tools and templates
- A set of documentation guidelines and templates that can be used by all Hyperledger projects
- A style guide for Hyperledger documentation
- A list of recommended documentation tools and templates
- A plan for integrating the new guidelines and templates into existing Hyperledger projects
- A series of blog posts or tutorials on how to use the new guidelines and templates
Relation to Hyperledger
This mentorship project is related to all Hyperledger projects and will provide a consistent set of guidelines and templates that can be used by all projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with technical writing and editing (github)
- Familiarity with open source documentation tools and templates
- Knowledge of Hyperledger and blockchain technology is a plus but not required
Mentee Open Source Contribution Experience
Applicants are encouraged to provide links to previous articles, open source contributions, such as pull requests or commits to open source repositories. This is not a requirement, but it will help evaluate the applicant's experience as an open source contributor.
After the formal mentorship concludes, the project's momentum will be continued by integrating the new guidelines and templates into existing Hyperledger projects and encouraging new projects to adopt them. The guidelines and templates will be reviewed and updated on a regular basis to ensure that they remain relevant and up to date.
Mentor(s) Names and Contact Info
Bobbi Muscara firstname.lastname@example.org