Let us know how we are doing
Welcome and Opening Statements
A reminder to all HC-SIG members that this meeting is being recorded
Discussion: request for note-taking for this meeting
Rich Bloch (recording)
If you’re new to the group, please…
Tell us where you're geographically located
Share with us your interests in healthcare in general, and blockchain technologies in specific
Welcome to Susan Ramonat and Bob Clint from Spiritus Partners Inc., interested in improving medical device safety.
- Seeking Hyperledger Sawtooth developer (US only)
- FTE or contract: based on East Coast, but remote possible
- Please contact Rich for details
- Do you have any announcements that you'd like to share with the HC-SIG community?
HC-SIG Subgroup Updates
Patient/Member Subgroup (Deniz Coskun, Lead)
Last week, we discussed with Kent (pharmacist from Hong Kong) about the permission layers in the data and process side. After we fixed the scope with Patient Recruitment, I proposed to Paty to define the particular use case together next week in two sessions prior to our meeting, and she accepted. Based on the use case we will proceed with the solution architecture.
Payer Subgroup (Raveesh Dewan, Lead)
- Healthcare Interoperability Subgroup (Steven Elliott, Lead)
HC-SIG Ad Hoc Team Updates
Wiki Redesign Team (Raveesh Dewan, Lead)
Work continues on our SIG site design
- Discussion: are you a Confluence expert... interested in joining this team?
Academic Research Team (Logan Wilding, Wendy Charles, Nisarg Amin, and Adrian Berg, Lead)
HC-SIG Use Case Development Team (Wendy Charles, Lead)
- Team kick-off meeting happened on July 11
- Already developing a use case template and working with the Hyperledger community leadership team
- Excellent use case white paper (a very good resource) now available
- Toward More Rigorous Blockchain Research: Recommendations for Writing Blockchain Case Studies
- Download as PDF
Wendy provided an update on this newly-formed team, noting that she's working with Hyperledger community leadership to identify and utilize any existing use case templates or infrastructure so her team's work can proceed most expeditiously
- New HHS/NIH Blockchain Grant Opportunity
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $1,000,000
- Current Closing Date for Applications: Jul 31, 2019
- SBIR offering of same grant is here
HC-SIG Quarterly Report Released
- Available here for membership review
Open Discussions (Rich)
Discussion: your thoughts on changes you'd like to see with the HC-SIG?
Upcoming plan is to have Founder and Publisher Tory Cenaj of Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY) speak at an upcoming HC-SIG General Meeting
Excellent discussion around the value of existing standards bodies as they relate to blockchain technologies in the healthcare industry. Special thanks to Susan Ramonat for initiating this conversation. Rich with follow-up with Susan to identify a best way forward for exposing and synchronizing HC-SIG membership to established standards bodies (e.g, GS1, IEEE)
Scheduled for Friday, 2019.08.09, 0700 Pacific Time
Discussion: topics to add to agenda?
New to Hyperledger? You'll need a Linux Foundation ID (LFID) to edit our wiki pages and chat on Hyperledger channels. Here's how to get your LFID
Stay Informed. Get on our email list, and receive regular updates to HC-SIG meetings and events
- No labels