Welcome and Opening Statements
A reminder to all HC-SIG members that this meeting is being recorded
Discussion: request for note-taking for this meeting
- Rich Bloch
- Erika Beerbower
- Jeff Stollman
- Kamlesh Nagware
- Kenneth Jensen
- Patricia Buendia
- Raveesh Dewan
- Steven Elliott (recording)
- Venu Gopal
- Wendy Charles
- Kent Lau
If you’re new to the group, please…
Tell us where you're geographically located
Share with us your interests in healthcare in general, and blockchain technologies in specific
- Alicia Porras: Nurse, volunteer at non-profit Seattle Health Innovators
- Patricia Buendia: Currently using Blockchain - identity management
- Kent Lau: Pharmacist in Hong Kong developing blockchain solutions for healthcare and supply chains.
- HIMSS 2020 Planning Has Begun
- The Hyperledger marketing team is seeking proposal ideas, themes, and potential speakers to serve on next year's proposed HIMSS Conference panel on blockchain technologies in healthcare
- Planned deadline for proposals is 2019.07.15
- Contact Rich for details
- Hyperledger Transact Just Announced
- Hyperledger Transact provides an extensible approach to implementing new smart contract languages called “smart contract engines.” Each smart contract engine implements a virtual machine or interpreter that processes smart contracts. Examples include Seth, which processes Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) smart contracts, and Sabre, which handles WebAssembly smart contracts
NOW CLOSED: Academic research engagement request for anyone with active production-level blockchain technologies solutions
Michel Rauchs and colleague Apolline Blandin at the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance (CCAF), an academic research centre at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, are developing the second edition of their Global Blockchain Benchmarking Study, an empirical study analysing the enterprise blockchain ecosystem.
If you and your company have live enterprise blockchain networks that have already been deployed into production, please contact Michel or Apolline for possible inclusion in this important study
- Michel and team are now in the process of writing up their report, and hope to share with HC-SIG membership in the near future
- Contact Raveesh regarding Maryland Hyperledger/Blockchain meetup July 12
- Details below:
Please find below the link for July 18th event.
This is a kick-off event for the Hyperledger - Greater Baltimore Area Meet-Up Group to help support the local Blockchain and Hyperledger Community.
The meetup will start with blockchain introduction and how to get started with blockchain and Hyperledger.
It will further be followed by a focused Hyperledger HealthCare Payer Subgroup Meeting. This event is especially open to anyone who is interested in use cases in Payer industry and would like to share what they have done and hear about experiences with others.
There will be plenty of time after for Q&A and networking.
9:00 – 9:10 – Welcome
9:10 – 9:50 – Getting started with Blockchain
9:50 – 10:00 – Break
10:00 – 10:45 – Blockchain in HealthCare and Use Cases
10:45 – 11:30 – Thanks and Networking
This meeting will be held at
Gateway Innovation Center - Maryland Center for Entrepreneurship
6751 Gateway Columbia Dr
Columbia, MD - 21046
HC-SIG Subgroup Updates
Patient/Member Subgroup (Deniz Coskun, Lead)
- Patient data ideas - GDPR
- Interfaces between data and blockchain
- Clinical trials - process to determine focus
- Standardization of data
Payer Subgroup (Raveesh Dewan, Lead)
- No meeting this week
- Focus on use-cases and POC
- Healthcare Interoperability Subgroup (Steven Elliott, Lead)
- Still in development
- Plan is to kick off the HIS in July
HC-SIG Ad Hoc Team Updates
Wiki Redesign Team (Raveesh Dewan, Lead)
Work continues on our SIG site design
- Discussion: are you a Confluence expert... interested in joining this team?
Academic Research Team (Logan Wilding, Wendy Charles, Nisarg Amin, and Adrian Berg, Lead)
HC-SIG Use Case Development Team (Wendy Charles, Lead)
- Frontiers in Science Journal just announced!
- Forum for blockchain
- Congrats to Wendy for becoming Associate Editor
- Rich to send announcement to full HC-SIG membership
- Use case meeting - July 9 or 11 (depending on doodle poll)
- New HHS/NIH Blockchain Grant Opportunity
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $1,000,000
- Current Closing Date for Applications: Jul 31, 2019
SBIR offering of same grant is here: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/rfa-da-20-012.html
HIMSS Conference Helsinki Report
- Deniz Coskun reports on the recent HIMSS Conference in Finland
- Deniz presented an excellent overview of the HIMSS Conference in Finland
- Much smaller than in US (~2000 vs ~42000)
- Finland has a very well integrated EHR solution throughout the country
- Perhaps why interoperability is less of an issue
- Very little emphasis on blockchain technologies (still very new concept)
- Deniz will provide additional information to HC-SIG membership
Open Discussions (Rich)
Discussion: your thoughts on changes you'd like to see with the HC-SIG?
Scheduled for Friday, 2019.07.12, 0700 Pacific Time
Discussion: topics to add to agenda?
New to Hyperledger? You'll need a Linux Foundation ID (LFID) to edit our wiki pages and chat on Hyperledger channels. Here's how to get your LFID
Stay Informed. Get on our email list, and receive regular updates to HC-SIG meetings and events
- No labels