Welcome to the Mortgage Industry Subgroup
To foster sustainable, inclusive communities through efficient, fair, and quality mortgage lending around the globe.
To securely close home loans as efficiently as an auto loan while delivering a superior digital customer experience.
To educate mortgage lenders, vendor partners, investors, real estate records custodians, and government agencies around the globe of production-ready blockchain technologies that support the global housing mission of creating sustainable, inclusive communities through efficient, fair, and quality mortgage lending.
The Mortgage Industry Subgroup (MIS) is a global community who will focus on technical and business-level challenges within the Mortgage Industry and on developing applicable use cases for blockchain technology. The Subgroup will bring together business, technical, academic, and industry-related expertise to work together on blockchain education, use case identification, POCs and production implementations.
At the heart of financial services is trust and, as an industry, we rely on our technology to record the truth of each transaction. The life cycle of a mortgage has a complex framework, involving many entities, for example originators, servicers, investors, regulators, and a vast ecosystem of vendors and service providers. This complexity creates trust issues and transparency challenges with no clear mechanism to track end-to-end activities of every entity. Each party must maintain their own independent database of customer information, loan transactions, and third party information. Data must be validated, re-validated and financial transactions need to be reconciled with third parties. Blockchain can address many issues in the lifecycle of a mortgage with its decentralized and distributed ledger technology, with trustless operability, that is immutable and auditable.
- Promote blockchain education for the mortgage industry participants across business, technical to government agencies and vendor/service partners
- Identify specific opportunities where the application of blockchain technologies can meaningfully advance the state of the mortgage industry
- Provide a foundation for real-world use case identification, blockchain technology alignment, and operational validation of technology fit for purpose
- Serve as an open channel of communication between the membership of this Special Interest Group and the leadership of Hyperledger to inform leadership on prospective improvements of Hyperledger frameworks and toolsets, within the context of the mortgage industry
Mortgage Industry (MI) Subgroup Contacts
|MI Subgroup Chair||Angel Albanemail@example.com|
|MI Subgroup Chair, Technology|
|Hyperledger Staff POC||Karen Ottoni|
|MI Subgroup, Mortgage Servicing||James Hendrickfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Join the Mortgage Industry Subgroup
Step 1: Create your Linux Foundation ID (LFID) to edit our wiki pages and chat on Hyperledger channels. Here's how to get your LFID
Step 2: Join the conversation by subscribing to the Hyperledger Capital Markets Special Interest Group mailing list which is where the Mortgage Subgroup activities take place. Click here to Join the mailing list.
Meeting Schedule Notes & Recordings
- All meetings are recorded using Zoom and made available in the Meeting Notes & Recoding section below on this page.
- All meetings are covered by the following Antitrust Policy.
- Hyperledger is committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all. For more information please visit our Hyperledger Code of Conduct.
Next Meeting Date & Time
|January 12, 2023||9 AM||12 PM||6 PM||2 AM|
|February 9, 2023||9 AM||12 PM||6 PM||2 AM|
|March 9, 2023||9 AM||12 PM||6 PM||2 AM|
|April 13, 2023||9 AM||12 PM||6 PM||2 AM|
|May 11, 2023||9 AM||12 PM||6 PM||2 AM|
|June 8, 2023||9 AM||12 PM||6 PM||2 AM|
|July 13, 2023||9 AM||12 PM||6 PM||2 AM|
|August 11, 2023||9 AM||12 PM||6 PM||2 AM|
New Member Introductions: 5 minutes
- If you’re new to the group, please…
- Introduce yourself, your background, and your interest in the group
- Tell us where you're geographically located
- Your anticipated level of participation/commitment
(active, infrequent, capable of taking on a role and/or task)
- What days, times you prefer or can work with
- Respond to queries and comments from the group
- Consider posting your contact information in our list, click here > FMSIG Mortgage Industry Subgroup Members
(Note: to post your contact information you need to create your Linux Foundation ID (LFID) to edit our wiki pages and chat on Hyperledger channels. Here's how to get your LFID)
Review of last meeting agenda: Goals, Next steps, Announcements: 10 minutes
- General review of mission statement and goals
- Progress or next steps review
- Feel free to make an announcement here on the call or on our email group
General discussion : 40 minutes
- Topics per scheduled meeting agenda
Wrap up: 5 minutes
- Next steps review
- Ideas for future agenda items
Meeting Notes & Recordings
New to Hyperledger? You'll need a Linux Foundation ID (LFID) to edit our wiki pages and chat on Hyperledger channels. Here's how to get your LFID
Mortgage Industry Subgroup: Join the mailing list.
Global Mortgage Industry Research
Revolutionizing Mortgage Lending with WEB3 and Industry Non-Profit, Unleashing Blockchains Potential
by Devin Caster
Transforming the Mortgage Industry with Lending Intelligence
Enhancing Electronic Signings with Blockchain Technology in Remote Online Notarizations
by The Closing Signing Service
What Role Does Technology Play in the Mortgage Industry?
Chase Bank Adds SHIB, XRP Among Others for Mortgage Payments
Blockchain technology merits further exploration
by Scotsman Guide
by Mortgage Business
SALT Blockchain-Based Lending: How It Works, Benefits & Risks
by Mortgage Business
Understanding Blockchain in Real Estate
by Finance Strategists
The Future of Mortgages: Evaluating the Potential of Blockchain and Generative AI for Reducing Costs and Streamlining Processes
by National Mortgage News
by Crypto News Flash
by Kamlesh Nagware
Artificial intelligence glossary: 60+ terms to know
Exploring the Convergence of AI, Blockchain and Real Estate
by SunWest Mortgage
by National Mortgage News
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED LOAN MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WITH SMART CONTRACTS WITH HELP OF DATA SCIENCE
by Community by Nasscom
State of Blockchain 2022
- No labels