- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 8 AM Pacific
- Add Climate Action and Accounting SIG calls to your calendar
You can join either from your computer or from your phone:
- From computer: https://zoom.us/my/hyperledger.community
- From phone: +1(855)880-1246 (toll free US number) or view International numbers
- Meeting ID: 403 498 3298
Hyperledger is committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all. For more information please visit our Code of Conduct: Hyperledger Code of Conduct
About the Climate Ledger Initiative
Climate change is one of the world’s most pressing problems. The Climate Ledger Initiative (“CLI”) addresses this challenge with one of the world’s most promising technological innovations; blockchain and distributed ledger technology combined with other innovative information technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and the use of remote sensing.
The CLI addresses policy and research questions and identifies specific innovation opportunities to contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation and accelerate the implementation of the Paris Agreement by:
- Providing an international platform to bring together the climate and technology communities to facilitate exchange of learnings and knowledge sharing and engage innovators
- Enabling the testing of concepts and approaches in concrete use cases
About Jurg Fussler
Jürg is an international expert in climate change mitigation and adaptation. He is managing partner and member of the board of directors at the research and consultancy group INFRAS. He has long standing experience in advising utilities, industry, governments, and international financial institutions in Europe, Africa, Latin America, Central and South-East Asia, India, and China on the risks and opportunities of climate change.
From 2006–2013 he was a member of the UNFCCC CDM Executive Board’s Methodological Panel. Juerg worked 2008 – 2009 as Senior Carbon Originator at Swiss Re’s Emission Desk in London. He holds a Master’s degree in Physics from ETH Zurich and a PhD in climate change research.
- Catching up from the past weeks and next event
- Updates from working groups
- Webinar share out by Jurg Fussler from the Climate Ledger Initiative.