- Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 8 AM Pacific
- Add Climate Action and Accounting SIG calls to your calendar
Dial-In Information: [ZOOM]
You can join either from your computer or from your phone:
- From computer: https://zoom.us/j/4034983298?pwd=STZQd0xMZU9xRVVOVnpQM3JNQ2dqZz09
- From phone: +1(855)880-1246 (toll free US number) or view International numbers
- Meeting ID: 403 498 3298
- Antitrust Policy Notice
- Welcome new members, including new member introductions
Real Product Carbon Footprint to Achieve Decarbonization by Gunther Walden, CEO of CircularTree
Many companies have set themselves targets by when they want to be carbon neutral. However, this does not mean that their products are carbon neutral. A study by the Carbon Disclosure Project has revealed that on average, 80% of the product carbon footprint comes through the supply chain.
The solution of CircularTree helps companies to measure their real carbon footprint. With blockchain technology, the biggest challenges can be overcome and ambiguity between trade partners is removed. Companies can get accurate, granular, and verified primary emissions data of their purchased materials and products. This transparency enables companies to provide real product carbon footprint information to their customers.
Gunther will explain how their solution is designed, provide some insights in their award winning pilot project with Porsche, BASF and Motherson and our strategy to achieve mass adoption of our approach.
- Updates / needs from CA2SIG Working Groups
- COP26 - Does anyone from the SIG plan to attend?
Hyperledger is committed to creating a safe and welcoming
community for all. For more information
please visit the Hyperledger Code of Conduct.
- Attendees: 30 + YouTube stream
- 30 min presentation, 30 min very interesting Q&A
- COP26 and updates from the CA2SIG working groups were postponed to the next meeting on July 27