Thanks for taking the time to contribute!
Welcome to the Besu wiki! The following links are a set of guidelines for contributing to this repo and its packages. These are mostly guidelines, not rules. Use your best judgement, and feel free to propose changes to this wiki page.
Contributions come in the form of code submissions, writing documentation, raising issues, helping others in chat, and any other actions that help develop Besu.
Having the following accounts is necessary for contributing code/issues to Besu.
- If you want to contribute code, you can make a Linux Foundation (LF) account here.
- If you want to raise an issue, you can login to github account.
- Our Rocket Chat also requires a Linux Foundation (LF) account.
Useful contributing links
Still no luck?
What to do to contribute but are unsure of where to start, even after looking at our good-first-issues and help-wanted tags in github?
- Take a look at past (done) issues and our past jira issues and look at what others have done to help
- Read the code base and try to understand how stuff works under the hood
- read the Besu docs and try to find errors, outdated information, or simple spelling mistakes, etc
- help build this wiki by adding more contributor information