Meeting Video: GMT20191210-010347_Besu-Contr_1432x894.mp4
- Discussed 1.4 beta release proposal
- Beta vs rc?
- HLP Release Taxonomy
- Branches for 1.3 maintenance if needed and 1.4 for 1.4.0
- Master for 1.3.7, 1.4 beta, and 1.4.1
- rc 13 Feb 2020, full release on 27 Feb 2020
- 1.3.8 becomes 1.4.0-beta 15 Jan 2020
- Beta 2 if needed on 29 Jan
- 1.4-RC on 13 Feb 2020
- 1.40 targeted at 27 Feb 2020
- Build version becomes 1.4.0-beta-SNAPSHOT right after 1.3.7 release
- Change Log
- Only include PRs that have useful changes rather than a line for each PR
- Add a CHANGELOG section to each PR
- Use a wiki page.
- Can we keep the changelog in the wiki and not keep it in the codebase?
- Why not have updating the change log as part of the PR?
- There will always be merge conflicts
- Whatever change happens will require an adjustment of habits.
- Proposal: Make an actual change to the PR as part of the log
- Standalone commit
- Or as part of the changes
- We will try this for the next release or so.
- Someone will need to review and ensure this is being practiced.
- Add to contributor guidelines
- Custom RPC endpoints plugin service
- Edward Mack as Maintainer.
- Jenkins is dead.
- Circle CI for everything.
- It has the most scope for being faster compared to all other CI systems we have looked at
- Working on posting build failures to rocket chat
- All infrastructure and tooling is on HLP owned/operated
- Zero servers owned by ConsenSys
Next Meeting - 7 Jan 2020 - EMEA/AMER time
- Madeline to update contributor guidelines to reflect Change Log and communicate.