--logging=DEBUG level is too spammy for end users and either we have to use the ADMIN RPC endpoint to target packages/classes or get them to post full logs which is a barrier and error prone.
End users can enable --logging=DEBUG and have a chance at spotting an issue or pasting relevant snippets into support channels.
- Aimed at both end users and developers
- Should lead to resolution of common problems, whilst not spamming
- Should not contain logs that take up more than one terminal screen, e.g. raw data, including RLP
- Should not include peer discovery
- Should not include txpool management
- Could include some peering to debug peering issues
- Could include some high level syncing
- Could include API requests, including potentially truncated data, but not full RLP
- Aimed at developers
- Expectation is everything is there and it's spammy
- Only useful when targetting certain packages/classes