To sum up, the following has been done in the first second quarter of the project:
- The broker blockchain keeps track of the topics and it also holds communication interfaces of the publisher and subscriber blockchains.
- Two example subscriber networks have been implemented using Hyperledger Fabric V1.4 and Hyperledger Besu.
- An example publisher network has been implemented using Hyperledger Fabric V2.
3rd Quarter Progress Report
In the third quarter, the main focus was on performance testing of the implemented solution. To test the performance of the network, Hyperledger Caliper was used as the benchmarking tool. Hyperledger Caliper allows the measurement of performance metrics such as send rate, latency, and throughput for a set of use cases. We connected Caliper to the existing broker network to monitor the performance. More information on the tests and the configuration of the benchmarking tool can be found on the project’s GitHub repository. Moreover, a study on relevant blockchain interoperability solutions was conducted so that they can be compared to our solution.
To sum up, the following has been done in the third quarter of the project:
- Performance testing of the implemented solution using the Hyperledger Caliper benchmarking tool.
- A study on relevant blockchain interoperability solutions.