Blockchain Lead at UNICEF will share on their projects and activities in blockchain
- Crypto fundraising "Game Chaingers"
- Drone certificate for flying in regulated corridor in Kazakhstan, stored on chain
- Project Connect in Colombia mapping schools, tracking daily internet connectivity speed to know exactly what their level of connectivity actually is
- Using large data sets and satellite imagery to find unknown schools
- Once govt had data on unconnected schools in Kyrgyzstan they committed to bring them online
- Unicef overall doesn't work in crypto yet, only national offices
- Innovation Fund, up to 100k non-equity financing, not just blockchain, invested in VR, drones, data science, accessibility, and blockchian. Currently 6 investments in blockchain startups in various parts of the world.
- New project Atrium in UN Innovation Network (uninnovation.network) Github repository storefront with underlying blockchain to share code–leveraging existing efforts to avoid duplicative work.
- How our SIG can contribute: bring our groups' collective knowledge together, directory of projects, bring level of legitimacy when UN is looking to show what's being done in blockchain
- Contact: email@example.com
- MIT paper on Unicef project
|name||UNICEF Presentation at Hyperledger - Social Impact SIG - July 2019.pdf|