Accepting mentorship project proposals now through March 15, 2024!
The Hyperledger Mentorship Program is aimed at creating a structured hands-on learning opportunity for new contributors who may otherwise lack the opportunity to gain exposure to or entry into the Hyperledger open source development community. It also provides a more defined path for Hyperledger to connect with the next generation of developers and researchers to inject more talent into its community. Each mentee will apply and be matched with a mentor or mentors who are active contributors in the Hyperledger community. Each mentee will work remotely from their location of choice. Regular evaluation and feedback will be provided. Mentees will have the opportunity to showcase their learnings and contributions through blogging, speaking at meetups or regional events, or travel to a global Hyperledger event to present their work in person and network with others in the broader community.
Benefits for Mentees
Mentees gain exposure to and first-hand experience with real-world open source software development
Mentees get introduced to open source development infrastructure, tooling, and culture, and best practices.
- Mentees have the opportunity to be guided by open source professionals to contribute code, documentation, or research to make a real impact on large scale open source projects.
Mentees have the hands-on opportunity to do work related to their academic and professional interests and to further the pursuit of those interests.
Mentees develop close working relationships with open source professionals and industry business leaders to expand their professional network.
- Mentees have the opportunity to showcase their work and to raise their profile in the DLT space and open source development community.
Benefits for Hyperledger Community
- More source code, documentations, and research get produced and used for the benefit of all.
- It helps address gaps in feature/code development, research, and documentation that exist in projects and the community.
It helps create a pipeline to a more diverse, well-educated pool of developers, researchers, and other contributors.
It helps spread the word about Hyperledger and its related technologies at academic institutions and increase academia’s interest in the teaching and research of the DLT technologies.
It helps Hyperledger gain valuable insight into new contributor onboarding processes and continuously find ways to lower the barriers for entry.
It creates positive press for Hyperledger via testimonials, brand recognition, and peer-to-peer messaging, and other types of content.
2024 Program Dates*
- community members submitting mentorship project proposals
- mentorship project proposal review by Technical Oversight Committee
- - mentee application period on LFX Mentorship
- mentee application review and applicant interview
- selected mentee notification and acceptance
- - 1st two weeks of June onboarding/orientation sessions
- - mentee/mentor working period
- - 1st quarter mentee evaluation
- - midterm mentee evaluation, and midterm stipend will be paid to eligible mentees if they are in good standing following the midterm evaluation
- - 3rd quarter mentee evaluation
- - final mentee evaluation, and final stipend will be paid to eligible mentees if they are in good standing following the final evaluation and successful completion of deliverables as determined by the mentor and program staff
* The program dates are subject to change without advanced notice.
Mentees may be eligible to receive a stipend. The total stipend amount will be calculated using a tiered structure based on the country where the mentee resides when participating in the program. The stipend will be paid in two installments provided that regular interval evaluations show the mentee eligible to received a stipend is making satisfactory progress. The final installment will be paid upon successful project completion as evaluated by the mentor(s) and the program staff.
Additional Mentoring Resource
Hyperledger Collaborative Learning Program (CLP) is a pilot program to connect those interested in mentoring with those seeking guided open source contribution experience. It is an extension of the regular Hyperledger Mentorship Program to offer additional mentoring resources to expand the number of new contributors receiving mentoring and guidance to enter the community and to become a productive active contributor to the Hyperledger open source community. Please visit the CLP page for additional details.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org