* "PROPOSED" in Grey specifies that discussion is underway.
* "READY FOR VOTE" in Blue specifies that the proposal has been finalized and is ready for the TSC to vote.
* "RESOLVED" in Green specifies that the decision was made by the TSC.
|Blocking||Links to pages for projects or initiatives that are blocked by this decision|
|Minutes Link||2021 05 06 TSC Meeting Record|
Overview of Proposal
This proposal will add a Dormant state to the project lifecycle. Notable differences from existing project lifecycle include:
- The addition of the Dormant state
- The ability to now move backwards in the project lifecycle (from Dormant back to Incubation)
Modify the project lifecycle to include the Dormant state, with the following state changes (changes bolded):
- Proposal → Incubation
- Incubation → Graduated or Dormant or Deprecated or End of Life
- Graduated → Dormant or Deprecated or End of Life
- Dormant → Incubation or Deprecated or End of Life
- Deprecated → End of Life
The following description will be added to the Project Lifecycle document.
Dormant: Projects in the Dormant state are ones in which the normal functions are suspended or slowed down for a period of time. The TSC will make the decision as to whether a project will move to the Dormant state upon request. If Dormant projects become re-activated, they will re-enter the Incubation state even if they entered the Dormant state from Graduated state.
Include any tasks here that need to be completed once the decision has been approved by the TSC