Welcome and Opening Statements
A reminder to all HC-SIG members that this meeting is being recorded
Videoconferencing/teleconferencing connect details are available here
- Rich Bloch (host)
- tareq assi
- Mike McCoy
- Erika Beerbower
- Jim Mason
- jonathan holt
- Kamlesh Nagware
- Deniz Coskun
- Attendance list incomplete... problems with Zoom with listing participants
If you’re new to the group, please…
- Introduction from Tareq, finance student from McMaster University, interested in learning how to contribute to this community and learn as much as he can about blockchain technologies
- Kumar, on some previous calls, but wanted to learn more about blockchain technologies in healthcare
Do you have any announcements that you'd like to share with the HC-SIG community?
HC-SIG Subgroup Updates
Patient/Member Subgroup (Deniz Coskun, Lead)
- Rich provided a quick update on the work that Deniz and team have been doing in the subgroup, specifically as it relates to the PoC for their eConsent product using both Hyperledger Fabric and Hyperledger Sawtooth
Payer Subgroup (Raveesh Dewan, Lead)
- Raveesh provided an update on the PoC for the modernization of pharmacy management (see prior presentation to HC-SIG membership that Raveesh gave)
- Recent approval for the subgroup team to participate in Hyperledger Labs
- Lots of opportunity to get involved
- Meetings are every other week (opposite HC-SIG General Meetings, on Fridays at 1300 EST)
Healthcare Interoperability Subgroup (Steven Elliott, Lead)
- Meetings are Monday mornings (every other week)
- Recent reschedule needed for latest meeting
- Ongoing work at establishing a blockchain technologies solution (DLT using Fabric) for semantic interoperability
- Use case is immunizations
HC-SIG Ad Hoc Team Updates
Wiki Redesign Team (Rich Bloch, Lead)
Work continues on our SIG site design
Discussion: are you a Confluence expert... interested in joining this team?
HC-SIG Use Case Development Team (Erika Beerbower, Lead)
- Update from Erika on the use case team, continuing to focus their work on the first round of use cases the team has been developing
- Drug supply chain use case (text is done; working on visuals)
- Indira and Deniz helping out with the work effort
Since early March of this year, HC-SIG membership has focused on collaboratively identifying and sharing solutions as they relate to the COVID-19 virus pandemic. Special thanks to the many guest speakers who shared their solutions with HC-SIG members around the world. As this pandemic continues to present challenges to communities, states, provinces, and countries globally, we will provide ongoing support updates as they become available.
Again, to all who have helped... thank you!
COVID-19 Virus Pandemic Support
Funding from Around the World
Grant Opportunities Related to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Updated JUL 05. GrantStation is now offering a filtering service for globally-available COVID-19 virus grants for non-profits and small businesses.
Canadian Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Rapid Research Funding Opportunity. Updated JUN 30. On March 31, 2020, through a contribution from Research Manitoba, Research Nova Scotia, and Alberta Innovates, CIHR was able to fund an additional three grants, bringing the total number of funded grants to 99 and a total investment of $54.2M.
Funding in the US
National Cancer Institute (NCI) Funding Opportunities for Small Businesses (SBIRs/STTRs). Updated MAR 27. The NCI participates in the NIH-issued SBIR and an STTR Omnibus grant solicitation for small businesses, which allow small businesses to submit researcher-initiated projects that are within NIH’s mission.
National Institute of Health (NIH) Funding Opportunities. Updated JUN 12. Urgent Competitive Revision to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Urgent Supplement - Clinical Trial Optional) recently updated through "Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Availability of Administrative Supplements and Revision Supplements on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)."
COVID Help for Families. A match-making service for for those offering help and those seeking help during this pandemic. Help Seekers can post urgent needs for Helpers in their area to see and fulfill. Helpers will be able to see those help requests in their area and offer help. The Helpers can get in touch with the Help Seekers and deliver the help that is requested
Additional COVID-19 Funding Opportunities
UC Davis Office of Research. Updated JUL 05. Provides a regularly updated set of links tied to COVID-19 funding opportunities across numerous US agencies, including Health and Human Services (HHS), the National Institute of Health (NIH), and the National Science Foundation (NSF), and the Gates Foundation
Call for HC-SIG Chair Nominees (Rich)
After two years of serving as Hyperledger HC-SIG Chair, Rich Bloch has called for a general election to elect the next HC-SIG Chair
A call seeking HC-SIG Chair nominees has gone out (JUL 05), after which time, an election will be held to determine the next HC-SIG Chair
Per our HC-SIG Charter, the newly-elected HC-SIG Chair will then appoint an HC-SIG Vice-Chair
Open Discussions (Rich)
Discussion: your thoughts on changes you'd like to see with the HC-SIG?
Scheduled for Friday, 2020.07.24, 0700 Pacific Time
Discussion: topics to add to agenda?
New to Hyperledger? You'll need a Linux Foundation ID (LFID) to edit our wiki pages and chat on Hyperledger channels. Here's how to get your LFID
Stay Informed. Get on our email list, and receive regular updates to HC-SIG meetings and events