This HOWTO explains how you would create a new chat channel on the Hyperledger chat instance. This HOWTO is necessary for setting up new projects and new working groups.
- From the Rocket.Chat application or the website, log in using your Linux Foundation ID.
- Click on "Create a New Channel"
- NOTE: Channels default to "Private". Ensure that the channel is "Public", as required.
- Provide a name for the channel
- Add any users who you know should be part of the channel (e.g., WG chairs, project maintainers)
- Click the "Create" button
- After the channel has been created, modify the "Topic" and "Description"
- Click the "Info" button
- Click the "Edit" button
- Fill in the "Topic". This is a short description that appears at the top of the chat window that describes what this channel is intended for
- Fill in the "Description". This is a longer description that contains more details for this channel.
- Add the information to the list of chat channels.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.